"Scouts?" P. 1

3rd person POV:

This was y/n 8th game for Sacramento a D1 Soccer team in cali. The score was 0 - 0 and was a close match. Half time had just passed and he was drinking from his bottle.

Reader POV:

You drank from your bottle squirting the water in your mouth and wiping it.

"Yeah I heard there's scouts." Nathan said.

"There's scouts?" You say.

"Yeah. LA galaxy and Inter Miami I think. But you never know. There wearing the hats." Nathan says shrugging.

"Oh. Well we still got a half to go so." You say.

"So?"

" Let's win I guess." You say standing up.

You've changed a lot, for the good, you was better, taller, stronger. You was one of the best in the state rated 4th. Which was very good. The coach was relying on you and Nathan, Nathan being 9th. As you all went back onto the pitch you remembered what coach said, to be strong and focused. The fans on their side were loud to say the least. Shouting overrated at you and Nathan. You ignored, you don't need negativity, in fact it fuels you, to prove people wrong.

The ball was kicked off at 16:32, mid day. The team was focused and you won the ball almost instantly, you called for the ball performing some step overs passing a defender, you went for the dink as the keeper ran at you but you went the other way jumping over the keeper and tapping it into the net. A wonderful run to make it 1 - 0. Then it went downhill, they subbed on 1 player. And it just ruined your chances. In 20 minutes the score was 3 - 1. 20 minutes remaining, the chances were low, extremely low. And the opposition were trying to kill you and break Nathan's legs. And after every goal they chanted in your face. You was getting stressed and coach realised asking for a sub as last time this happened you got a red because on a corner you just wacked someone round the head out of frustration. You nodded no and pleaded. The play was stopped and you ran over to beg to carry on playing.

"Fine. If I see you retaliate your off." Coach says as you walk back on the pitch. Your temper was your flaw, people being cocky for no reason annoyed you so badly.

"Right come on we've got this." You say to your self.

Getting possession was painful, having to fight. You was on the corner of the box with a clear shot when someone deliberately stood on the back of your leg, causing you to fall, the crowd up roared. You was awarded a free kick in the 79th minute, the player receiving a red card for deliberately fouling another player so they don't have a chance of scoring.

You take a deep inhale and start approaching the ball. You hit it with as much power you could with enough accuracy, as you watched the ball swerve round the wall and going to the top corner, it beautiful, until the Keeper leaped and saved it somehow, luckily it hit of the post causing Nathan who was in perfect position to run and hit it in the net. You were back in it.

You ran to him with hope in your eyes.

"Get in I fucking love you man." You say jumping onto him.

It was the 85th minute the score being 3-2, your team just blocked a shot and cleared it, it was you versus 2 defenders. The ball ran infront of you so you caught up fooling one and sending the other off the pitch, last time this happened you missed, it was the same angle, in try outs, your weak foot, from the left to the right, last time it hit the post, you wasn't going to miss, the keeper around 10 cm away from you, instead of finishing it with your left, you turned your hips making a even harder angle to hit the ball with power and precision but in the moment seemed easier, you hit the ball with your right foot leaning back putting all your weight onto that one shot. You fell over tumbling as you seen the ball hit the net you got up and ran to your team everyone, the starting 11 the bench, the assistant coach everyone ran to you. The reason why this goal meant so much even though it was still a draw was Because on aggregate, it was 2-1 to your team. (Aggregate being in a tournament like the Champions league in the knockout stage, they play two games home and away and say if 1 team won the first 2-0 it would carry onto the second but the other team scored 3 in the game they would win on aggregate. 3-2)

5 minutes remaining your team had to defend or hold possession, a loose ball was played and you charged for it and you got their first so you smacked the ball to your keeper who passed it to the defenders. The guy right behind you barged you in the back, you fell on the floor standing up and meeting head to head.

"What's your fucking problem." You say pushing him back.
He pushed you back and it turned into a brawl everyone pushing each other some trying to stop it, most of all your team was trying to keep you from him who was taunting you.

"You a bitch!" He says.

"Who the fuck are you?!" You say taunting him that he's not known.

You both recieved a yellow along with some others.

"The first foul on me should of been a yellow, and you don't give him a yellow for Calling me a bitch. God." You say walking away rubbing your eyes.

"I know I'm off." You say to yourself walking off, and sitting on the bench.

You was sitting on the bench praying they don't score in the 3 minutes remaining and when you heard the final whistle you was so relieved.

After the match you all celebrated in your changing room, chanting. After that you was walking back to your dads car with him with a towel around your neck as a man called your name.

"Y/N you think your taking soccer seriously?"

"Yeah of course I am."

"Well, if you would like you can come to try outs this weekend if you aren't busy. I'll give you my card also, Matt, Inter Miami Scout. Nice to meet you." He says with a smile putting out his hand.

You shook it and acted calm as you took his card and said goodbye to him. The second you got in your car you turned to your dad.

"YOU SEE THAT! INTER MIAMI HERE WE COME!" You say.

"It's a long way away. IM JOKING IM SO PROUD OF YOU MAN!" Your dad says hugging you.

"Trust me it'll be worth dad imma be making so much. You already know I'm getting you your dream car." You say so happy about the scout

"You know you can't get money till your over 18?" Your dad says.

"Same thing." You say. The drive back all you could think about was the training coming up. U18 Inter Miami team. And maybe even a professional contract into the actual league.

The dream was becoming reality.

Sorry that there wasn't any Jenna Ortega content there will be some in the next chapter anyway hope you enjoyed make sure to spread the story around and yah.