Defeat & Victory

The day was a Friday you was in school bored out your mind but carried on reminding yourself of your debut match for Inter Miamis U18 at 15. You would be the youngest on the pitch and had to show If you wanted a contract. The word spread after you told Nathan and Nathan told the whole school so everyone was asking you questions about the match. The person exited the most being Jenna who was off school doing her work. You was walking through the halls on call to her.

"Jenna how many times my dad will livestream it to you if you really want." You say.

"Yeah but just double checking." She says.

"I'm so happy for you." She says with a smile.

"Yeah I'm happy for me too. Well if I do terrible it's gonna be bad." You say.

"You won't you'll do great anyway see ya." She says waving at the camera so you do too as you head to your friends table for lunch.

"Here's the Miami boy." Jayden says

"Hope you know we all coming." Nathan says.

You and Nathan were the only people to get into the team, Jayden quit a while ago after a bad injury with his foot and he lost feels for the game, Harry was unlucky, And Antony's complicated.

"You already know I'm scoring." You say.

"Bro it ain't Div 1 keepers you know?" Nathan says.

"Yeah I know but I'll do it." You say.

"How's your girlfriend." Harry says.

"She's good Shes j shooting someshit at the moment, she'll be back in a week she said." You say looking down.

"Ay bro them guys on the show are losers compared to you." Antony says holding your shoulder.

"Yeah but you never know. She was into me when I was a loser." You say.

"Bro you were never a loser." Antony says again.

* The Next Day *

You was on the car ride all the way to LA then to get on a plane to miami. You was gonna arrive there around 5pm and the match was at 8:30pm a late match. Most boring trip ever.

* Arrival at the hotel *

"I think imma be sick." You say holding your mouth.

"You'll be fine. Right get unpacked we'll chill for a bit then we'll be on our way." Your dad says.

"When are you friends coming?" Your dad says.

"They said they'll be here in like 20 minutes." You say.

"Dad are you sure I'll even be able to play? Because from home Miami is ages. And the trip every few days to play a game and come back is gonna be so tiring. I'll have almost no time to train." You say.

"Well I got in touch with the guy obviously and he said they can set up a apartment near the training ground and it's nice I've checked it out on the website." He says.

"Dad I don't wanna move I've got good friends and we're doing fine in Cali. I don't wanna leave them. They helped me so much, I want my career but I don't wanna leave them behind like they wasn't apart of my life." You say.

"Son you've got to understand sometimes you have to leave people behind." He says.

"You told me-"

"It's them or YOUR career. You pick." Your dad says his tone strengthening and it being more straightforward.

"I'm going for a walk." You say dropping your stuff and taking your phone and walking out the hotel walking around.

"left mom and all my friends back in England now I'm leaving everyone back in Cali. And what about Jenna too. She's gonna come back and I'm not gonna be there. And Nathan we said we'll go pro together. FUCK. Why does it have to be so complicated." You say sitting on the curb.