Chapter 5

Morning arrived, and I woke up feeling cold and tired. I wrapped my cardigan around my body for warmth, and tiptoed past Jayde so as not to wake her. I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen to make some breakfast, making sure to creep past the living room where Harry slept on my sofa. If I woke him up, I'd be harassed, and that was the last thing I wanted. I put my music on quietly and started dancing around the kitchen, pulling things out from the fridge and the cupboards. The room started to get really hot after a while, so I took my cardigan off and threw it onto the table. I found the bacon and eggs in the fridge and started cooking them, I'd make Jayde breakfast later when she woke up.

I was still dancing around and acting the fool, when I suddenly felt watched. I took my food over to the table, but as I turned around I noticed something moving slightly out of the corner of my eye. Nothing was there when I looked again, so I dismissed as a trick of the eye. I warily took a seat at the table, watching out for any more shadows. I heard a light laugh, sounding eerie in the surrounding silence. After I'd finished my food, I cleared up in the sink. The lights all flickered on and off, and then I was in darkness. "What's going on?" I mumbled.

I couldn't see anything, my eyes not yet adjusted to the dark. Something brushed against my arm, and I jumped. "Who's there?" I shouted.

"It's me." A masculine voice said. There was only one male in the house, so it gave me a strange feeling of security to know that it was only Harry messing with me.

"Very funny, Harry. Turn the lights back on." I chuckled.

"I'm not Harry." He said. I didn't want to believe him, but something about the voice forced me to listen. It didn't sound like Harry's husky voice.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me, beautiful." He replied.

"I don't. Turn the lights back on." I said, somehow sounding braver than I felt.

"I can't do that, Angel." He said, I could tell he was grinning to himself even in the dark.

I was about to reply, when the lights switched back on. The person who I was facing was a shock to me. Luke was standing there, looking somewhat burlier than he had the other night.

"Luke." I muttered.

"What the hell?" Luke was shouting.

"I thought you couldn't turn the lights on." I said.

"I didn't." He snarled.

"Well who d-" I started to ask, but I was interrupted.

"I did." Harry said, strolling into the kitchen.

"You!" Luke shouted.

"Yes. Me." Harry grinned, smugly. "What were you doing here?"

"I came to claim the girl."

"It's Tina." I stated, annoyed.

"What was with the dramatic entrance?" Harry asked.

"It would be easier to take her if she didn't know what was happening." Luke explained.

"I'm still here!" I yelled.

"Yeah, I see that. I don't think you should be here for what's about to happen though." Harry muttered.

"Why?" I asked.

But instead of a verbal response, Harry hit Luke. "Stop!" I screamed. But nothing stopped, Luke fought back. Soon enough, Luke was on the floor, blood dripping from his nose. Harry hardly had a scratch on him.