Hope

Guts (season 1 episode 2)
*MENTIONS OF ABUSE*

Everything had been crazy these past few days

First it had started off with a couple members of their group going on a supply run into the city that is Atlanta.

Second they heard a voice on the radio. It was a man. He was heading into the city alone, it was dangerous, really dangerous; as it was over run by geeks and terribly unsafe if you were to head there alone.

Then they got a message from T-dog. He told them that their group was stuck in a department store and they were surrounded by hundreds of them.

And that's where we left off. They were in deep shit.

All they could do was hope. Hope that they were okay. Hope they made it back. Hope that they would return unharmed. Hope they had the supplies. Hope they still had their own hope. All they had to do was have hope.

Hope was a strong thing. A strong feeling. But it was fragile. Easy to lose.

Hope is probably one of the easiest things to lose, you could hope for something anytime you liked but it was hard to keep it. It was hard to hope that good would come in the future. To hope this virus and geek thing could be resolved or stopped for that matter. She highly doubted anyone would have any hope by the end of this. Or have any of their humanity left.

This world is cruel. It was cruel before the apocalypse but with it, it made it ten times worse. All anyone cared about was their own survival. It didn't matter who had to die or who they had to screw over in the process.

That was what the world was. And that's what it's come to.

But that's life..right..?

Nadia looked up from her place on the hard ground, her arm hooked around her sisters shoulder as she sat beside her, to look up at a fidgeting Carl and Lori as Lori cut Carl's hair.

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori informs him.

"I'm trying" Carl tells his mom as he tries to stop.

"Well try harder."

"If you think this is bad, wait tell you start shaving. That stings. That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mamas haircuts." Shane interrupted.

Shane was always kind to her, sure Shane was a hot head but he had never taken his anger out on her or anyone else. The only time she had seen him lose his temper was against Merle when he wouldn't shut up, and against her father but who could blame him for that?

Shane was a leader and definitely not a follower, that's why he's the leader of this place. He had the skills; he was smart and would do anything for the group.

"I'll believe it when I see it." Carl jokes.

Shane and Nadia then chuckled as Lori rolled her eyes playfully.