Holes

Vatos (Season 1 Episode 4)
*MENTIONS OF ABUSE/SEXUAL ABUSE*

Vatos (Season 1 Episode 4)*MENTIONS OF ABUSE/SEXUAL ABUSE*

The constant sound that was their camp still went on.

People still smiled, talked and laughed but she couldn't will herself to join in.

She was sat between her mother and Lori as they are seated on a pair of seats that belonged to one of the camp members car, they had deemed the car as not needed when the hood began smoking. Dale and Jim used their car smarts to try and fix the issue but they couldn't. They didn't have the right car part for the job, plus the car was only running on a drip of gas, so there really was no point.

More laughs and cheers filled the air around them as Andrea and Amy walked back over after sitting in a boat on the lake for the passed three hours, each carrying a large line of fish which they passed to Morales.

"Ladies...because of you, my children will eat tonight. Thank you." Morales spoke with astonishment as he smiled thankfully at the two women.

Lori clapped for the two women, a look of shock covering her face.

"Thank Dale." Andrea spoke as turned to look at Morales while she grabbed her water canteen from her bag

Carl then walked over to touch it and as he did so he let out a "Whoa."

"Yeah, 'Whoa'. Where did you two learn how to do that?" Lori asked with confusion but she couldn't lie, she was hella impressed.

"Our dad." Amy spoke as she took a sip of her water, a smile on her face.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" Carl asked as he looked up at the two women.

"Sure, I'll teach you all about nail knots and stuff." Amy said enthusiastically before she looked to Lori. "If that's okay."

"You won't catch me arguing." Lori reassured.

"Hey, Dale. When's the last time you oiled those line reels? They are a disgrace." Andrea joked with a smile as Dale approached.

"I, uh- I don't want to alarm anyone, but we may have a bit of a problem." Dale informed the camp as he looked around. Shane joined him as Dale pointed to where Jim was standing up a hill and he seemed to be digging.

——•——

The camp all followed Dale and Shane as they made their way towards Jim, their fast pace made Nadia fall behind because of the amount of pain she was in.

Turns out she may have a mild concussion and she now knows she has a broken rib as Jacqui had enlightened, but she wasn't as fazed as she should have been. This wasn't the worst wound that she had gotten from her father, it was basically a walk in the park.

Everything that she did felt like a chore and every step she took felt like she was running a marathon and in her books, she was.

She didn't even know why she was here. She didn't owe these people anything. All they had done in these past few months was make her family life so much harder. If they had just minded their business, her and her mother wouldn't have gotten hurt. She would get it if it was over Sophia but why would they act like that over her. If she had just kept her mouth shut and followed her fathers orders, it wouldn't had been this bad. She still would have gotten beat, that she knew. When he father says "you will regret it later." In any situation she was already in deep shit. A kind of shit you couldn't get out of, no matter how much you pleaded.