Wounds Around The Throat

Save The Last One (Season 2 Episode 3)
*MENTIONS OF SUICIDE*

Save The Last One (Season 2 Episode 3)*MENTIONS OF SUICIDE*

Her mother's sobbing filled the air. It was night now.

Even with the sun down and the moon taking its place, it didn't minimize the humid air that surrounded them.

It was hot, really hot. Nadia felt as though her skin was melting off. Maybe it was. She had her head tucked against her mother's chest, as she clutched onto her tightly. A beige comforter was wrapped around her body as her mother had insisted on wrapping her in a few hours earlier.

She was sweating, just like she was out there, maybe even more so now. Her skin felt clammy and she could feel small beads of sweat pouring down her face. Her head felt dizzy as the never-ending sobs and clanks of Andreas' gun filled the air. It had been going on like this for what felt like forever. Her ears were beginning to ring slightly, not just because of the noise but the thoughts that she had been trying to fight off since she was found.

Her sister.

She didn't know where she was. If she was okay. How she was feeling.

She wanted to know.

She needed to.

She hoped that her sister was okay and that she found a good group of people who were trying to help her find her way home.

If she had known that Sophia didn't make it back to the highway she could have tried her hardest to find her.

She didn't call out after the first day as it had drawn too much attention to her but maybe if she had- Sophia could have heard her voice calling out and found her way back to her. But she stopped. Maybe just maybe she could have found her well she was in those woods. She could have even walked past her without even realizing it.

Her loud yelling could have also helped lead walkers to Sophia's hiding place. What if she heard her yells but wasn't in the position to follow them? What if she had been found by a pack of hungry walkers? Wild animals? What if those men from earlier that day had found her?

She should have stuck around to make sure. She should have waited them out, maybe even gotten information about their group. But she was too much of a coward to be brave.

She wondered that if that man didn't grab her, what could have happened to her?

She knew that it was most likely bad but a part of her felt like she deserved it. She deserved everything bad. She had lost Sophia. If she had just made sure Sophia had remembered and understood Rick's words there would be a good chance that Sophia would be here, right now.