The Trouble Of Fathers

Wildfire (season 1 episode 5)
(LIGHT MENTIONS OF CHILD ABUSE AND PARENT DEATH)

Wildfire (season 1 episode 5)(LIGHT MENTIONS OF CHILD ABUSE AND PARENT DEATH)

(I don't know why the gif is so big lmao)

It had been hours since the herd attacked their enclosed camp, and it had been rough. The sun was now up and feelings were high as people mourned the lives that were taken too soon.

But the life that everyone was deeply worried about was the death of the youngest Harrison sister.

It had turned out that the loud scream that broke through camp belonged to her as when she had stepped out into the night air she was picked off by a large walker, resulting in it taking a large chunk out of her arm and later her neck.

Her sister had been hovering over her body for the unbroken period, her deep and utter grief was clear as day to everyone around her. And even though her sobs had stopped hours ago, a few stray tears would make an appearance every so often.

From the place Nadia was sitting she could see the sheer pain on her face as her eyes flicked over her sisters face as if to memorize every once beautiful detail before the ugly walker wore her skin.

People had tried to approach the older women in an attempt to reason with her but she was having none of it no matter who had attempted. Now it was Lori's turn.

"Andrea?" She spoke softy as she kneeled down beside her. "I'm so sorry. She's gone. You got to let us take her. We all cared about her and I promise we'll be as gentle as we can." And when she got nothing but silence she stood with a hand on her shoulder before making her way back over to Nadia and the group to sit.

"She still won't move?" Rick asked as he looked down at them.

"She won't even talk to us. She's been there all night. What do we do?"

"Leave her alone." Nadia spoke as she took her head from her knees when she felt eyes on her. "Her sister just died. She's in denial, and you just have to give her time."

"We can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it. Same as the others." Shane disagreed with a shake of the head.

"If anyone were to put her down she would want it to be her sister." She pressed.

"We can't." Lori spoke as she looked at the younger girl.

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick muttered as he made his way over to the grieving woman. But before he could even sit a gun was aimed right in his face. He began to slowly walk away with an arm out as he made his way back over to the group.

"So much for 'telling her how it is,' Rick." Nadia muttered under her breath but it earned her a laugh from T-dog as he walked past the group, on his way to bury another body. That was a job that Nadia was glad not to be apart of.