9

It was a day off for both Yuki and me. We decided to go to the market together, as Yuki needed to buy some supplies since he had recently moved back. Although we were not living together, we often hung out at each other's houses.

Instead of going to the nearest market, we opted for one that was farther away. Yuki sat beside me as I drove, and he couldn't help but express his admiration.

"You're so good, Eri."

My passenger prince was praising me.

Smiling, I replied, "I've been driving since I was 16. Of course, this is to be expected."

You'll be an expert here if you've driven in Metro Manila.

"Since I didn't learn to drive in Japan, I always get confused because they drive on the right side of the road there while here in Italy, we drive on the left side," he explained.

I understood his concern. "I wonder, too, how to learn to drive on the other if you are already used to one side. But I think you have to master driving on one side first. Choose your battle wisely."

"You're absolutely right," Yuki agreed. "I think I'll focus on driving here."

"You should! You'll be provided with a personal vehicle soon, so you have to work on it," 
 I added.

Yuki raised an eyebrow in surprise and asked, "They mentioned that?"

Quickly dismissing it, I said, "Don't tell them I said it! It's because of your contract extension, so that's it."

Yuki nodded mischievously and replied, "Ah, okay. I'll tell them you already told me."

I glared at him and said, "Why can't I keep secrets from you?" before letting out a sigh.

Winking, Yuki replied, "Because we have one heart, one mind, one city, one dream."

Yuki rarely makes jokes, but this joke made me laugh. It was not in vain.

---

Although our schedules have become increasingly hectic, we always prioritize making time to have dinner together. It's a small tradition we cherish, and when it's my turn to cook, I take the opportunity to introduce him to Filipino cuisine. In return, he knows my love for Japanese cuisine, making it easier for him to prepare a meal for the both of us.

"You love Japanese, right?" He asked, wondering if he should do curry or pan-seared salmon.

"Yes, I love you-ki," I said chuckingly, and he blushed.

Unfortunately, due to conflicting class schedules and exams, I was unable to attend some away games, including the game with Vibo Valentia, where Yuki and Yuji Nishida played against each other last November. I regret not getting a picture with Nishida-san.

During this period, I found myself struggling to strike a balance between work, studying, and maintaining a fulfilling personal life. Additionally, my specialization in urban design and planning required me to travel extensively across different cities in Italy for field observations.

It was during this period that I truly grasped what Mr. Mondalo said during my interview – my current setting would not be easy.

Nevertheless, Yuki continued to provide unwavering support.

He was always by my side, offering his support when I found myself glued to my laptop. Whether it was slicing up fresh fruit or brewing a comforting cup of coffee, he knew just what I needed to fuel my work or stay awake during those late nights. Whenever I couldn't spare a moment to eat, he selflessly stepped in to prepare a meal. On days when I had to go to the university, he would willingly accompany me and offer to pick me up when he had free time.

And in those moments when I felt exhausted and overwhelmed, he would embrace me tightly, whispering "Otsukaresama deshita" as a gentle reminder of his unwavering support.