21

"The moment I arrived, my feelings overflowed
Thank you for always being by my side
I'm glad you're the one I can hold hands and walk with forever
because the treasured words we promised each other are everything"

Yuki may seem reserved, but he possesses a heart that overflows with love in the most subtle and tender ways.  He will wrap you in a warm blanket on chilly nights, cook a sumptuous meal full of nutrients, carry your grocery bags, and wait patiently for you to finish eating before cleaning up. He will cut up your favorite fruits when you're busy working, make you a cup of coffee, and do all the little things that make you feel cherished. His love is a warm embrace that makes you feel safe and cozy.

Yuki is an exceptional father to his three beautiful children. His happiness knows no bounds when Ayaka was born. His delight was overwhelming when Haruki came into the world. His love stretches even beyond the farthest reaches of the earth since I gave birth to our third child, Aiko. Yuki is a father who is always there for his family, providing guidance, support, and love.

When Ayaka aspired to become a volleyball player, just like her world-renowned father, Yuki dedicated himself to teaching her diligently. Similarly, when Haruki expressed his dream of becoming a scientist, Yuki supported him wholeheartedly. And in moments when Aiko felt overwhelmed by the achievements of her siblings, Yuki was always present to comfort and guide her. His commitment to his family is truly admirable, and his children are fortunate to have him as their father. Yuki epitomizes what it means to be an exceptional husband and father.

Yuki finished his career as one of the world's best volleyball players of all time before he went into coaching. He lived his life taking in his passion and love for volleyball.

The beauty of his love is simply breathtaking. It fills my heart with joy and makes every moment with him feel fleeting in heavenly desire.

We have shared 55 marvelous years of love together.

---

December arrived, bringing with it the scent of the crisp winter air. The first snowflake gracefully descended from the heavens, captivating my gaze as if it were the love of my life, descending from above.

Winter might seem like a gloomy and cold season, with dancing snowflakes and still winds. However, there is something about a snowfall that is brilliantly white, pure, and radiant. And yet, this white covering conceals countless shades and colors that winter bestows. It reflects unspoken emotions and untold feelings, a beauty that is only suited for the brave. To truly appreciate this beauty, one must endure the cold, as the snow only unveils its mysteries to the fearless. Its pristine white serves as a canvas for the myriad emotions that we have created.

Yuki is that snow reflected in thousands of colors coming into life.

"Ma, are you ready to go?" My daughter, Aiko, asked.

With a gentle nod of affirmation, she called upon my grandson Gino to assist me into the waiting car.

We made our way to the Milan airport.

For the past year, I have resided by Aiko's side here in Milan, yet now we are bound for Japan, to celebrate my husband's birthday in just two days' time.

I still vividly remember everything that happened in this place. Back when I first encountered Yuki in the hotel we just passed by,

---
The car was parked on the side of the driveway, and they went inside the lobby. I wasn't sure what was happening, so I scrolled through my phone while waiting. After a while, the trunk of the sedan opened, and they placed something inside. I couldn't see clearly due to the tinted windows, so I patiently waited for them to return.