⇣ three.

S . APPHIRE  E . YES <3
tomioka giyuu x reader

— sapphire eyes, three.

[l/n] [y/n], you, have noticed how Tomioka Giyuu ─── or how you preferred to call him, "sapphire eyes" ─── had become more frequent in his visits, staying a few more minutes than his usual drop-bys.

You had no objections to that, of course. Your customers come and go. But was he a customer if he has never bought a flower from your shop?

You decided to leave that thought aside.

For the time being, of course.

However, you still wondered; why does this aloof and silent customer of yours look so alone? It wasn't pity or anything of that sort, you preferred alone time mostly, as well. But something about him, about his eyes seemed so...

Sad.

As If he was holding something back. Some kind of guilt? Remorse and regret? You truly had no idea, but that man seemed to be troubled even despite his calm appearance and collected actions, it  gave off the vibe that he was always alert.

Like there was something ready to bounce and kill him. Which, of course, is true.

Even when he doesn't show it.

He seemed like a good guy, though.

Shifting back to the matter at hand, you noticed the constant sword that was sheathed on his hip. And that usual black, golden-buttoned uniform with a mismatched haori adorned on top of it.

It seemed to suit him, strangely. His features seemed striking, especially his most recognised feature; his eyes.

If anything, as much as his silence, you enjoyed his company as much as your other customers. Each of them seemed special, everyone is special.

Well, except for a few rude customers or karens you encountered in your career as a florist.

Tomioka Giyuu finds you weird. A good kind of weird. A likeable..peculiar kind. Is that the word?

Well, either way, the water hashira doesn't seem against you by far, and that feeling of intrigue inside of him seemed to be growing.

Was it you? Or was it the flowers that always got him back to this place?

He can never surely tell.

And, as much as how strange it sounds, Giyuu liked talking.

A little. To you.

Why? He doesn't know about that either, and he thinks it's best to leave it at that. Though somehow, your way of talking seemed so... mysterious. So, so vague. You were hard to read, and your replies leave more questions than answers.

And the mighty water hashira's intrigue is sparking further, making him speak, even involuntarily before he could consider or think about it.

Were you always like this? With everyone? Your family? Your customers? Your friends?

He keeps getting more questions and it's so damn hard to control his urge and ask you such questions. Again, he usually just, cut off with people he meets. Talk when necessary, but you...