⇣ four.

S . APPHIRE  E . YES <3
tomioka giyuu x reader

— sapphire eyes, four.

And the beloved water hashira is back again, in your lovely flower shop. He wordlessly sat down after offering his usual greeting after you have told him to rest.

The last conversation he had with you still lingered in the back of his head. Specifically when he countered your question by saying he doesn't like flowers. Or rather, just not a particular one. He couldn't place his finger if whether you were offended or not. Should he apologise?

And the bigger problem is that he didn't know if you were actually offended, and what confused him further is that you didn't express it.

But when he said maybe, he meant it. Perhaps he did like them? Either way, he hoped it didn't bother you. He stood up, goal in apology but leaned against the counter slightly in curiousty without realising it.

You were arranging a few bouquet of flowers. Probably to a customer or something along that.

He blinked a few time once he saw a scar running across you forearm, making his brows crease slightly. That scar didn't seem fresh, but he wondered how you got it.

"What's that?" He asked quietly.

You turned to him and tilted your head, giving a puzzled smile hinting at your confusion on why he was asking. You held up the flower, and pointed at it.

"It's a flower, sapphire eyes. Are you okay?"

"N-no, i mean, yes- i.. that..." He awkwardly gestured to your scar, hoping he didn't come out as insensitive with a voice soft but serious.

"An aftermath of a cruel accident."

You said simply with a shrug of your shoulders before continuing to place the bouquet on the side and making another.

"I see..." He mumbles with a nod, his deep eyes lingering on the cut - it's origins unknown. A demon, maybe? Giyuu has nothing to say, so he says nothing at all. After all, it is quite understandable: it could have been a sensitive topic and he is glad that you haven't taken it negatively.

And after a few moment pass between a comfortable yet somehow awkward silence, a question involuntarily leaves his lips. "What..is your favourite flower?"

"Hm, why do you ask?"

You inquire with a hum slightly, your gaze flickering to him from the corner of your eye before continuing.

Why indeed?

He feels the heat rise to his face and he doesn't know why he even asked the question. But since he did, he might as well proceed. And he likes speaking to the florist with [h/c] hair.

"...I'm curious."

"Alright. It's the [insert] flower."

You answer, pointing to the group of your favourite flowers gathered together in a secific section.

He stares at the direction you pointed out in wonder. That flower seemed to be fitting for you. He repeats the flower's name once and parts his lips in thought.. it's fragile.

You take care of the plants carefully, with such love, even after whatever seemed to be your cruel incident. A few silent seconds stretch and his usual frown deepens in confusion.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

You chuckle, your [s/c] fingers trailing the petals of the daisy in your hand. And he can't help but notice how gentle and careful your fingers are, as if it's  a friend you speak to and not a plant.

That makes him wonder...

"Have you always liked flowers?"

"Mhm."

"...?" It's hard to read your expression when your face is nearly always unreadable as he tried to gauge a reaction.

"Since when?" Was that small hum a sign that you'll actually answer his questions? Since when did that happen?

"I liked them since i liked them."

Giyuu wanted to slam his head on the counter and die. He jinxed his luck before he could even use it, did he not?

But oh well, at least he did have a conversation with you, no? It was fine, he supposed. Next time, if he could, he'd try to learn and find out more, if you allowed it.

@-SXTURNNLIT