Chapter 12: Blood Red Moon

The four of us regrouped near the destroyed stairs that had previously led down to the entrance of the Belmont Hold, and we stood still as Sypha used her ice magic to take us up to the surface. All was quiet, and I eyed Alucard as the light from the blood red moon rose over his face, illuminating the downcast turn of his eyes with a sort of hellish light. We got off the ice elevator and Sypha used her power to throw away the ice sculpture. It landed with a big crash nearby. Looking at Trevor's confusion, she shrugged. 

'Well, I didn't want it to leave it in there to melt and ruin all your beautiful books,' she said. Alucard lifted his boot. 

'It seems damp enough out here as it is,' he remarked. 

'Oh, but look!' I said, and pointed to the castle standing impressively nearby. 

'You did it, Sypha,' Trevor complimented. 

'Yes, but - seeing it is something else entirely. I'm pretty good, right?' 

'You're the best.' Trevor turned to where the half-vampire and I were standing together, staring up at the castle. 'Alucard,' he called out. 'Are you ready for this?' 

'No,' he said softly without looking at any of us, but I saw his eyes slide over to me briefly. 'But let's put an end to this anyway.' 

We entered the castle, the remaining occupants turning to us. All vampires. They snarled, getting ready to attack. 

'Alyx and I terrify them. Sypha disorients them. Alucard goes over the top and we support him,' Trevor commanded. 

'Yes,' Sypha called out. Alucard withdrew his sword, and it hovered in the air next to him. Trevor looked over at me, and I gave a sharp nod of assent. Then the three of us ran forward, and I heard Alucard say: 

'Begin.' In the middle of the fight, Alucard jumped through flames that Sypha had created, shifting into a beautiful white wolf and easily taking down one of the armoured vampires. We took the upper hand on the soldiers with ease. 

The shards of the mirror fell at Dracula's feet, and he looked up, seeing Alucard in the doorway. 

'Father.' 

'Son.' 

'Your war is over.' 

'Because you say so?' 

'It ends. In the name of my mother.' 

'It endures in the name of your mother,' Dracula snapped. 

'I told you before, I won't let you do it. I grieve with you... but I won't let you commit genocide.'

'You couldn't stop me before.' 

'I was alone, before,' Alucard replied, and Trevor, Sypha and me entered the room, staring down Dracula, flanking Alucard. Alucard took a defensive stance, charging his father, pinning him against the fireplace. Several books fell from the shelves in Dracula's study, but the older vampire was stronger, holding Alucard's sword just inches from his face. He pushed his son back with ease. Alucard swiped at him with the sword, but Dracula punched Alucard, sending him careening into the fireplace. Then the older vampire turned to the three of us. Next, Trevor charged him, but Dracula thrust him into the wall outside of the study, and he collapsed to the floor, spitting up blood. Sypha came after him, and he shielded her fire with his cloak, snarling, 

'Speaker magician!' He scratched her arm with four deep gouges from his vampire claws, and threw her to the floor, where she laid there out cold. I ran, slicing at him with my sword, but he grabbed me by the throat. 'The other Belmont. Alucard's scent is all over you,' he growled, and threw me carelessly into the wall, where I hit my head, collapsing to the floor. 

'Sypha!' Trevor called out and ran after her, attempting to punch Dracula, but the vampire turned to him, unamused. 

'You must be the Belmont,' he said, and he punched Trevor, grabbing him by the throat. Alucard's sword suddenly entered his arm and Sypha used her power to burn his face. He let Trevor go, crying out from the flames, but then he wheeled around and punched Sypha and then Alucard, sending him flying away with him with a sickening crack. Trevor's whip flew into Dracula's chest, which made an explosion, sending him to the floor. But he rose up soon after. 

'The Morningstar whip,' he said with a chuckle. 'Well played, Belmont. But I am no ordinary vampire to be killed by your human magics. I am Vlad Dracula Tepes, and I have had enough!' He sent a fireball towards us, and Sypha blocked it as best she could, but the vampire's power was no match for her Speaker power. Trevor leaned against her, helping her block it, and Alucard and I appeared in front of Sypha, pushing it back with our swords. Alucard soon sent the fireball spinning through the walls of the castle, with Dracula, the two of them flying into one of the many libraries in the castle. Roaring, the two charged each other while levitating. 

The two of them crashed through multiple walls and floors, and finally Dracula threw Alucard into a bedpost. The two stalled, seeing what room they were in. Dracula stopped, straightening himself. 

'It's your room,' Dracula said softly. Alucard looked out the window, the room now being cast in a warm grey light from the moon. 'My boy,' Dracula spoke. 'I'm - I'm killing my boy.' He turned to a portrait in the room of Lisa, Dracula and baby Alucard. 'Lisa. I'm killing our boy. We painted this room. We... made these toys. It's our boy, Lisa.' Alucard slowly got up, pulling a large shard of wood from the destroyed footboard of the bed. 'Your greatest gift to me,' Dracula sobbed, his head in his hands. 'And I'm killing him.' He lifted his head to see Alucard approach him with a sorrowful look in his eyes. 'I must already be dead.' Alucard said nothing, instead simply stepped closer to him, and pushed the makeshift stake into Dracula's chest. The older vampire gasped, blood spilling from his mouth, as Alucard pushed it in further. 'Son,' he gasped. 

'Father,' Alucard replied brokenly, and kept pushing it in as Dracula bled from everywhere - from his wound, his mouth, his eyes... everywhere. His heart kept beating, even as he bled. Alucard let out a sigh and pushed the shard all the way through Dracula's back. He cried out, and the mirror nearby cracked as Dracula's body and face turned grey, and then he began to disintegrate. Sypha, Trevor and I came around the corner as the deadened face of the vampire attempted to reach for Alucard. Trevor lunged forward, severing Dracula's head from his shoulders with Alucard's sword, and finally he was no more. Sypha stepped forward. 

'Alucard. Step back,' she said. 'Let me finish this.' She used her power to burn his body until there was absolutely nothing left to remind the young half-vampire of his father, all except the blood on the floor. The souls of a thousand damned flew out of the remains of the vampire, escaping the castle as we all shielded ourselves from the onslaught. 

Last of the Belmonts (A Castlevania: Season 1 and 2 Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara