Chapter 5: Tension

SleepyPanda: I debated with myself whether I should use third person or second in this one... I ended up continuing to use second  UwU

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --

"Aya-chan?"

That voice...

"Aya-chan, it's me"

*  *  *

"Behave yourself, okay Aya?" my mom leaned a little towards the backseat where I sat. "It's not everyday we get to visit, so I'd hate to upset our host." she added

"Okay, mommy!" I eagerly agreed as I sat patiently, giddily looking over the windows of the car.

Buildings and trees passed by, I could see other people jogging, or walking their dogs, or just taking a leisure stroll on the streets. I also admired the flock of birds flying above us, admired how they all flew in a triangle formation, perfectly in sync as they flew.

Suddenly, I remembered a song that's been stuck in my head for a while, and I couldn't help my hum it.

"Hmm.. hm hm hm... Ima demo ao ga sundeiru... mhm mmm aowa sundeiruuu...." I sang while kicking my feet back and forth, humming between the words I could remember

"Here we are."

I sparkled with joy upon hearing that we have arrived, "Yay!"

The car pulled to a stop in front of a flower shop, the exterior's design hugely suggested it as such. And I spotted the very person we came to visit walking towards us.

"Hey!~ There you two are." Then her eyes fell on me, and opened her arms to embrace me and I ran to her in response, "Aya-chan!"

*  *  *

"*Obasan?"                                                                                             *[ Obasan = aunt ]*

I blurted out. At the corner of my eye, I could see my companions share a look of slight confusion that instantly turned to curiosity.

On the other hand, the person I realized to be my aunt had an expression of surprise. I don't blame her, I'm just as shocked as her. I never imagined meeting up with her again like this, let alone meeting at all.

Minutes later, we all ended up going to a ramen house near the hospital, with my aunt paying for our bowls.

And I couldn't help but feel awkward around her.

After what felt like a millennia, Minato finally broke the silence and politely said, "Erm, thank you for buying us all ramen Ma'am. You didn't really have to."

Meanwhile, Shinobu slurped more noodles then nodded in agreement, "Mhm.. thank you." With how much appetite he has, you can never tell that he almost drowned a few hours ago.

"It's no problem, anything for Aya-chan's friends." Our host sitting in front of me responded with a smile.

Shinobu, who is sitting beside me, lightly elbowed my arm, signalling me to say something. I hesitated for a moment, then cleared my throat to speak. "Erm, guys, this is Hatsuko Sachie, my aunt." Then I turned to look at her, "Obasan, this is Shinobu-senpai," I said, pointing at the person beside me. "and Minato-senpai.", also pointing at Minato sitting beside Shinobu.