Chapter 12

-★-

This chapters song:
You're not sorry (Taylor's version)- Taylor Swift

Your pov

I started to feel tears running down my cheeks.

"Y/n please don't.." He said.

I looked at him. He looked somewhat sad. Guilty.

"Im not gonna let you walk home in the dark alone." He said.

I turned around and Miguel walked next to me.

The whole way home we didn't talk. I looked at the floor and never looked away. Right before walking into my house Miguel said: "Sleep well."

I felt even more tears running down my cheeks. He was so kind. He just wanted to help, but I couldn't let him.

My parents were both already in bed.

Don't you just love it when your parents give you a curfew and then go to bed before the curfew.

I walked into my room and plopped down on my bed.

I got under the covers of my bed and cried for a little longer before realizing i was still wearing his sweater.

I burst back into tears.

I sniffed the sweater (leave me alone) and wiped my tears with it.

Miguel's pov

"Sleep well." I said right before she walked inside.

I walked inside and my mom was on tje couch.

I sat down next to her.

"Hey Mia!" She said.

She put her arm around me and then looked at me.

She saw the devastated guilty look on my face.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I put my head on her shoulder.

I felt tears in my eyes.

"I fucked up." I said.

"Oh Mikey.." She replied.

"I asked her about her dreams, she told me everything, i was so extremely exited. She wants to act, mom." I started.

"Act?" She asked me.

"She's perfect, she wants to act, and she's one of the nicest girls ive ever met. And i fucked up." I said.

"Well what did you do?" My mom asked.

"She told me about her dreams and i just.. i told her i could help her which i mean, i can, and then she said that she didn't want me to help because her parents didn't want her to be an actress. I told her that she deserved this, that she deserves to become an actress, and then she just kinds ran away." I said.

"Okay well I can't imagine that means you 'fucked up'." She replied.

"I can." I said.

"Okay no, you wanted to help her. That doesn't give her the right to be mad at you." She said.

"I guess that's true but mom you know how much i love her." I replied.

"Yes but sometimes, special people come into our lives, stay for a bit, and then they have to go." She said.

"Okay that was very inspiring but you just quoted the mom or whoever it was from Bluey." I replied.

She looked at me like 'really'.

"I can't let her go mom. You know i can't." I said.

"You don't have to. As long as were here you still have time to make it up to her. Even tho she was in the wrong." She replied.

"Thanks." I said.

We smiled at eachother and i walked into my room.

I put on my pyjamas and went to bed.

All i could think about was her.

Your pov

I woke up the next morning with puffy eyes and somehow i was even more tired then the night before.

I got up out of bed and got dressed.

I took of Mikey's hoodie before folding it and putting it in my bag.

Yeah stealing is bad i know but I don't know, it just felt right. I needed something to remind me of him.

I needed something to remind me of my best infinity friend.

I got my makeup remover and removed my makeup from last night so id look normal when my parents would see me.

I walked into the living room.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom said.

"Hey!" I replied.

"How was last night?" She asked.

"It was fun!" I replied.

Lies.

"I know you." My mom said.

"Do you? Do you know me? Or do you know the version of me that you want to know?" I said raising my voice a little bit.

I was pissed at myself for what i did to Miguel and i was taking it out on my mom. I needed to be alone.

But what i said was true. She only knew the version of me she wanted to know. She didn't know the version of me that wants to be an actress.

She doesn't know the version of me i wanted to be.

"Y/n what-" She started.

I burst out into tears again.

I walked into my room and locked the door behind me.

I plopped down in bed and cried.

I took Miguel's hoodie out of my bag and hugged it.

I needed some comfort but there was nobody i could go to.

-★-