Chapter 31

-★-

This chapters song:
Rosyln Bon iver, st vincent

Your pov

It was now Sunday. Today was the last day people could audition for the role and if you got the role you'd get informed tomorrow.

God im nervous.

I really don't know what to do.

"Hey hun- Have you seen my black heels?" My mom asked.

I put down my gua sha.

"You own heels?" I asked.

"Yeah I didn't look at them for like 15 years. I put them under the counter so i could put them on before i left but now i cant find them." She said.

I laughed.

"Their laying a few feet to the left away from the counter, dad tripped over them." I said.

"Thank you!!" She replied, walking back down the stairs.

My dad walked into the door frame.

"Tell me again, why are you going on a date all of a sudden after 15 years of being unromantic as hell?" I asked him.

"I wanted to." He replied.

"You wanted to go on a date?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"I find that very hard to believe." I said.

He shook his head no.

"I just.. wanted to be a good husband." He said.

"See that's the things dad, your not her husband. Your not married." I replied.

"I know i just.." He started.

"Oh my god." I said.

"What?" He replied.

"Your gonna ask her to marry you!?" I whisper yelled.

"No- NO!" He replied.

"She would definitely say no now dude, she hates dresses and also we don't have the money for a wedding." I said.

"I wasn't gonna ask her to marry me!" He replied.

"Whatever you say." I said.

"I just wanted to do something nice for once. Seeing Mikey fly you out for a weekend and paying for it all just.. I don't know.." He said.

"Miguel inspired you to be romantic?" I asked.

"I mean.. yeah." He said.

I laughed.

"Hes awesome." I said.

"I know." He replied.

We smiled at eachother.

"I just.. I see how happy you are when your with him or just texting him or watching videos or whatever about him and i just.. Kinda wished i could still make ur mom smile like that." He said.