Episode five

The Helpmeet

Episode Five

It's 5:00am in Br Tunji's room and he is having his quiet time.He is reading Rev.5 and when he gets to verse 8 he stops and reads it again: Rev 5:8b;having every one of them harps and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

He begins to meditate on it:So,while we Christians are praying on earth, our prayers go up to heaven as odours,most likely sweet odours in the presence of God.No wonder,Jesus told Mary (from whom seven spirits was cast out) to continue when Judas tried to stop her while she was washing Jesus' feet with expensive sweet smelling oils.He then said her name would be remembered everywhere the Gospel is preached.

So,Judas was a representative of the devil,that's why he tried to stop Mary's ministrations to Jesus because of what it represented.

Then Br Tunji started praying:Oh God,let my prayers be sweet smelling odours to you.Don't let me go astray. He went deep into prayers and continued that way for an hour praying different versions of the prayer.After he had finished praying, just when he was about to get up,he remembered an issue he had been asking God for some time without response.

Br.Tunji:Father, what about the matter I have been asking you about.

God:silence

Br Tunji: I don't know why you haven't said anything.I am getting older lord and I need an helpmeet.

God:silence

Br Tunji: I need someone to laugh with, share stories with e.t.c. Even your word says ''two is better than one'' and ''he who finds a wife,finds a good thing''.Father,I want  to find a good thing.

God:silence

Br Tunji: ok,there's a sister I like. She is beautiful, her parents are rich and she's from a good home.Her name is faith.

God:silence

Br Tunji: Not my will but your's be done.Only you haven't told me your will.Ok father, anytime you speak I will listen.

He finished praying, got up and went to prepare for the day.

#phebennadozie