Lovers concert

AUTHORS NOTE
The chapter title makes no sense but oh well hope you enjoy!
————-

NOAH POV

I was over the moon! Today was the day of the 'Battle of the Bands' we had been practicing for weeks - and I'd got a boyfriend a week prior! I didn't know wether to tell my parents or not - maybe afterwards.

All my family, extended family and cousins were coming to watch, I'm surprised they didn't book the whole arena at this point.

2 teams from our school and 8 teams from opposing schools would all be going head to head until there was one winner which sounded..exciting. Honestly I was so nervous. We had 5 potential songs that would be played by us if we got through to the final which terrified me!

I paced my room while combing through my hair, I had to style it somehow but it just looked so.. droopy. Maybe putting on hair gel would look cool? I'm not sure, what if Cody hated it!

I tried out a few different styles until I found something pretty cool that didn't make me look like some rock band member in the 70's.

My Mom was now yelling at me from downstairs for me to "hurry up or she's not taking me," pfft she's obviously going to take me either way I'm not that stupid. My Mom was so proud of my progress but got a little too excited at times.

I hopped down the stairs still trying to put my socks and vest on which didn't work out very well, grabbing my guitar I ran out the door.

My Mom was already waiting in the car for me with the speakers on full blast. As soon as I got in the car she started questioning me already. It's 10:00am Mom get a grip!

"Did you brush your teeth?"

"Which lunatic doesn't?"

"Have you combed you hair?"

"Nooo the hair gel I put in is just an illusion," I remarked, she just sighed and started the car up. She hated my sarcastic remarks but I couldn't help it, it was funny to see her reaction - it was muscle memory at this point.

Some stupid song she loved was playing, 'Dancing Queen' by Abba wasn't really my cup of tea but she had..ok music taste.

"Ooh I'm so excited to see you honey!" She exclaimed excitedly throwing her arms up in the air.

"Sure but can you please keep your hands on the wheel so we don't die?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I'm NOT putting up with this attitude the whole way Noah! I'll make you walk if you continue."

We were nearly there anyway I wouldn't mind a 10 minute walk.. could ruin my hair for Cody- I mean the show obviously! I surprisingly stayed quiet the rest of the car ride.

As we arrived I nodded at my Mom and stepped out of the car, guitar swung round my back.

"Honey have you forgotten something?" My Mom asked a bit sad. Here we go.

"No?" I replied quite quickly before beginning to walk off.

"Don't I get a goodbye kiss?" My Mom pouted crossing her arms. How was I even related to this woman?

I walked back over and reluctantly kissed her on the cheek rolling my eyes as she drove off happily. Gosh, mothers.

I turned around embarrassingly enough to see Cody stood at the other end of the parking lot snickering, "what's so funny?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"Nothingg!" Cody replied giggling even more, oh god he hasn't seen me kiss my Mom did he? Mom's could be so embarrassing.

I thought for a bit unsure how to make him regret laughing at me, "you jealous I kissed my Mom instead of you?" I said putting my hands on my hips.