the attack

Timeskip 5 years

uzumaki naruto was way mature for his age, living alone in loneliness can do that to a person.

Naruto sat in his room in the orphanage, gazing out the window with a fond smile. His private room had all the basic amenities a child his age could ask for : a comfortable bed, a desk, some bookshelves with picture books, and a closet full of clothes. He even lived a normal life just like any other orphan did, at least one who could pay for these luxuries should live like that is. plus he has the hokage

Minato had threatened the orphanage owners to shut it down if they tried anything fishy, and have them arrested on grounds of treason to their Kage if it was proved in any which way that they were involved in hampering the child's growth in any manner - direct or indirect. Needless to say, the workers at the orphanage had treated him pretty fairly, but even then they kept their distance from him, and even kept all the children there away from him in fear of retribution from the orphanage's owners.

Naruto didn't know why, but they said that he was bad. Even though he couldn't remember what he had done so bad to hurt them. He had every single one of the basic amenities needed for a child his age, but he was still very lonely. They never even let him play outside in the park, always saying that it was dangerous for him to go out and that he should stay inside for his own good. Naruto wondered why it wasn't dangerous for the others to go outside, but nevertheless complied with his wardens wishes. He kept reading picture books after picture books, and ever since they started to teach his peers how to read and write properly, Naruto had the option of reading simple story books to pass his time. He still craved for friends, and something new to do outside the village would be pretty nice though.

Tomorrow was the Tenth of October - the day his idol, the Fourth Hokage, and precious person defeated the Kyūbi and killed it . Naruto had heard that story practically a thousand times, but he just couldn't get enough of it. The Fourth was so cool. The orphanage workers had once told them of the tale when the man had fought tooth and nail in the final battles of the third great shinobi war.

The man had stood tall and proud in front of a thousand shinobi - all alone - after his comrades were killed, and he had to defend the Kannabi bridge, or the Leaf would have lost the war after losing that front. At that moment, it was said, that the Fourth used his legendary Hiraishin no Jutsu and disappeared and reappeared all around the battlefield through the kunai's he had spread around beforehand, and had defeated one less than a thousand of his enemies all alone.

He said that he had left one enemy alive on purpose, just so that he could go back and tell the enemies of their loss and how the Leaf could have won the war almost single-handedly at any given point. That battle had given him the name "Yellow Flash", and the man was given a SS class rating in Bingo Books. Naruto didn't know what that funky sounding book was, but it must have been just as cool, if not more. He was the Fourth Shinobi ever to reach a SS-ranking, after only Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha - the people who found his village. The Fourth was the only person ever to get a flee on sight order from his enemies in the history of the elemental nations. That meant that you won't make it back alive if he even caught a glimpse of you.

How cool was that!

minato visited naruto every week telling him stories and playing with him but whenever he would ask the hokage why he visited him minato would just smile and change the topic

minato had told him how His version of the Hiraishin no Jutsu was considered one of the deadliest jutsus in the world to this day Naruto had heard the tale, he had forged stars in his eyes and had made him his idol : his goal. He wanted to surpass the Fourth Hokage one day, and make everyone idolize him like that too. Tomorrow, the village was going to celebrate the defeat of the Kyūbi, the strongest of the demons, at the hands of his idol and he wanted to go see it. He was going to ask the people at the orphanage if he could go out tomorrow. Each year, he asked the kind hokage who gave him various kinds of gifts to take him there, since every warden seemed to hear what he said with one ear and flick it out the next. But each time the hokage told Naruto not to go to the festival, it was dangerous for him. Grr!~