Getting Caught!!!

Narrator's POV

Down below, Basil and Audrey both see Fidget up ahead, climbing into a drain pipe. Basil motions for both Dawson and Audrey to follow him and they quietly creep behind as Fidget sings Miss Kitty's song to himself "🎵Let me be good to you…Ba-boo ba-boom…So dream on, and drink your beer…Your baby's here!🎵".

Basil, Audrey and Dawson look into the pipe, seeing Fidget pick up his lantern and disappear into the darkness. "Basil-" Dawson starts to say until Basil shushes him and climbs inside the pipe and says to Dawson and Audrey "Follow me" and Audrey climbs up first before she helps Dawson up the pipe too. The camera slowly pans upward and from inside the pipe Basil, Audrey and Dawson climb their way up the pipe. "Great Scott. I can't see a thing" Dawson says. "Shh. Audrey grab my coat, Dawson grab hers and follow along. No, no, no, not that way" Basil said. "Dawson, look out for your-" Audrey tried to warn him but a sealed cap rattles as Dawson walks straight into it as he exclaimed "Oww! Confound it!" and the camera continues moving up along with Basil, Audrey and Dawson. "Do you have any idea where we're going?" Dawson asked and Basil replied "But of course. Left turn. Right turn here, Doctor" and then the camera fades out and back in as they've reached the drain grate by Ratigan's hideout.

Basil lifts up the grate to discover what he has been looking for. "Ah-ha, Dawson, Audrey! We found it! Ratigan's secret lair and it's filthier than I imagined" Basil says as he climbs out and holds the grate open for Dawson and Audrey to climb out. They slowly creep over to the entrance and notice 'Olivia' curled up in the bottle, apparently asleep with her back to them. Audrey gasped while Basil said "Dawson. Audrey…the bottle!".

They carefully sneak over to the bottle. Basil jumps on the neck of the bottle and begins to pull at the cork. "It's stuck!" Basil grunts and then Audrey bends down and whispers to 'Olivia' as she knocks on the glass "Olivia?" but it turned out to be Fidget, who was dressed in Olivia's clothing as he turns to her with a sinister smile as he makes a kissy face at Audrey, who gasped in shock.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Basil drops to the ground, startled as a large banner that reads "Welcome Basil" unfurls from the ceiling. Balloons are released and confetti flies as Ratigan's thugs clap and cheer mockingly for the trio while Audrey quickly runs towards Basil and helps him up. Ratigan stands at the doorway, applauding as he says "Bravo! Bravo! A marvelous performance" and he chuckles as he moves to Basil, who is glaring at his archenemy with hatred as Audrey was also glaring daggers at Ratigan with pure hatred at him. Then Ratigan pulls out his pocket watch as he says "Though frankly, I expected you fifteen minutes earlier" and then mockingly adds "Trouble with the chemistry set, old boy?".

Basil stiffens at the insult, but he recovers and then takes on an almost friendly tone as he said "Ratigan... No one can have a higher opinion of you than I have" and then in a no longer friendly says "And I think you're a slimy, contemptible sewer rat!" and this made Audrey smirk as Ratigan's thugs gasped at this while Ratigan calmly shuts his pocket watch and puts it away as he chuckles.

"By the way Basil, I just love your disguise" Ratigan says before ripping off Basil's mustache and his thugs laugh as Ratigan inspects his hat while saying "Really, one would hardly recognize you" and that's then Ratigan noticed someone behind Basil as it was Audrey, who was glaring at him while both her fists clenched. "And my, my~. Who do we have here, fellas? A pretty little thing" Ratigan says as he approached Audrey with a smile and then lifted her chin with his finger, making Audrey look up at him. "And I would never have thought that Basil would eventually find a lady... Fidget wasn't lying when he said you were a beautiful mouse" Ratigan says and this made Audrey move her head away as she closed her eyes while Ratigan's thugs chuckled while agreeing with him. "Leave her out of this Ratigan! It's me you want, not her!" Basil exclaimed. "Hmm. By the sound of that, Basil seems to care a lot about you. And more than just being on the case, I believe. Also, I suspect you care about him as well" Ratigan said with a smirk and this made both Basil and Audrey look at each other surprised by this.

"Basil..." Audrey asked him softly before Ratigan grabbed her face, making Audrey look up at him.

"What is your name, my dear?" Ratigan asked and this made Audrey glare at him as she sneered "Wouldn't you like to know?" and then spat at his face. A couple of Ratigan's henchmen gasped at this while Ratigan only flinched a bit before giving Audrey an evil glare. "Seems like your lady needs to learn some respect" Ratigan said before throwing Audrey to the ground and she gasped while looking at him with slight fear as she backed up a bit. "Audrey!" Dawson shouted in worry and Basil gives the evil rat an even angrier face, he comes over and holds Audrey protectively in his arms. "Keep your filthy hands to yourself Ratigan!" Basil exclaimed pointing his finger at him while Ratigan just rolled his eyes, not caring one bit.

"I think it's time for her to have a family reunion with her 'niece'" Ratigan said chuckled evilly and then two of his henchmen grabbed Audrey, pulling her away from Basil, but before he could save her Ratigan restrained him. Audrey starts to get dragged away by Ratigan's two henchmen and then growling in anger, Audrey exclaimed and kicks her way out of their clutches before trying to make a run for it back to Basil and Dawson, but was grabbed by a big, buff thug as he asked smugly "Where do you think you're going?" and growling Audrey tried to break free while shouting "Let me go! Let me go!!" and seeing this Ratigan chuckles and says "It appears that Fidget was also right. She's not only a fighter, but she's feisty as well~" and then Audrey yelled in anger and disgust "Shut Up, You Dirty Rat!!" and then Ratigan's smile dropped before saying "Take her away" and then the thug starts taking Audrey away while making sure she doesn't escape while another thug follows behind him and the last thing Audrey saw was Basil looking at her in horror as she was taken.

3rd POV

After Audrey was taken away, all Basil could feel was anger and fear before he turned to Ratigan with pure hatred in his eyes. "Don't you dare do anything to hurt her. She has nothing to do with this!" Basil shouted. "Oh, Basil like you care about that woman.... Unless she has something other female mice don't have!" Ratigan laughed as Basil's blood was boiling in anger and rage at this. "The greatest…" Ratigan nudges Basil and starts to laugh "…detective…" now leaning over him "…in all mousedom, is in love!" and Ratigan laughs even harder as he walks away while Basil is seething.

"Ratigan, so help me… I'll see you behind bars yet!" Basil yelled. "You fool! Isn't it clear to you?" Ratigan says as he gets in the detective's face before lifting up Basil by his collar and shakes him with one hand to demonstrate his power. "The superior mind has triumphed! I've won!" Ratigan said before he then drops Basil and he laughs evilly as Fidget and the rest of his thugs join in. Basil steels himself against the jeering and pointing, but after a few moments, slumps, defeated and broken.

Dawson stares at his friend in concern, but doesn't know how to help him. Basil hangs his head as the cruel laughter continues while Ratigan is clutching at his sides in glee as he says while laughing "Oh I love it! I love it! Oh I love it, I love it, I love it!".