The theatre

"Hurry up, Natalia!" The madame called out. 

Natasha hastily rearraigned her hair in a bun, a lace weaved through it. 

The madame was older but acted like anything but. 

A few gray hairs poked out of a tight bun and her face was unforgiving. 

"Today we will practice the 'Dance of the heart.' Only the most talented 5 will perform."

She cast her gaze onto Natasha, giving a small smile. Natasha tried not to roll her eyes. She walked off, thinking about the boys. They had seemed like real friends. Fun and happy. But she was a ballerina. Isolation, solitude, pain and the joy of performing was her friends. 

And she knew it.  

But she didn't want to. Ballet was her life. It was amazing. 

She just wanted to be... Free. 

She waited for the Madame to nod and then spun. Once, twice, so on. She jumped and crouched down, letting the music take over her. It flowed through her. All she knew was the music. 

In time with the beat, she leapt and spun and twirled. Slowly, she regained her senses. She entered the first position, second, third, first, so on. She barely noticed as the sky grew darker. She didn't notice the other girls leaving, one after the other. It was only her and the Madame. 

"You are perfect, Natalia. Perfect."