Suspicions

Bucky chucked a pillow at Sam. 

"Hey! What's that for?"  Sam questioned, preparing a 'counterattack.'

"Nothing. You were annoying me," he replied, receiving a pillow in the face.

Steve put down three plates of toast and bacon, and all three boys dug in.

"Yum," Sam said through a mouthful.

"What did you think of that girl, Natasha? She seemed... Cold." Bucky asked, nervous of their reactions. 

Steve frowned. "She seemed normal to me. Maybe you have a..."

He paused. "Crush on her." He added dramatically.

"Oooh," piped up Sam.

"I can see why," he added. 

Bucky glared at the both of them.

"Really?" 

                                                                                                      ****

Three hours later, they had watched four movies, ate or consumed, three boxes of pizza, and then walked around central park. 

"What a day." 

"Mmh," Bucky agreed, mouth full of popcorn.

Sam nodded in agreement, before swallowing half a corndog. Steve was the most civilised, but was still shoving food down. It was a pretty hilarious scene, and one could not help but laughing.

She seemed to think this to. 

"You boys act like you haven't had food since the 1940's."

Her voice was elegant, and playful and the boys could hear the sarcasm. So, it must be...

"Natasha," Steve said pleasantly, surprised.

She smiled, and Steve did too. There was something about her. If she smiled, you just had to, as well. 

"Sam, Bucky," she said with a sly grin. 

"How are you, boys? My favorite trio." 

Bucky blushed. She was really nice. Maybe Steve was right. He might have a little crush on her...

 Pop! Her gum popped as Bucky and Sam spoke. 

"Good, thanks." 

"Better, now seeing you," Sam said at the same time. 

"Why, thank you," she replied, curtsying. She put on a smile, and twirled. 

She was wearing a long, leather jacket, that went to her knees. She had a black top on, black pants and a blue, denim skirt. To top it off, she had black combat/military boots on, with a red streak that was clearly sprayed on. Her long hair was in a plait, wavy locks falling out. 

"Wow," Steve said, blushing.

As she chewed her gum, she very much looked like the rebel she is. 

"You look... Different," Bucky gushed. 

She paused, thoughtful.

"I, I am going to take that as a compliment. So, thank you, I guess?"

After a moment, Bucky noticed she seemed to be gathering up her courage, steeling her nerves.

"Uh, can I... Uh, can I hang out with you guys?"
Her voice was nervous, and she had gone all shy and timid, leaning into the shadows. It was like a small child, asking for something they didn't know they deserved, or not, afraid to get an answer, afraid to get... Punished, told off...