72

Sand.

My eyes burn with itch as I am sat on my bed, a thrown blanket weighing over my head as the cold winter wind hovered the room with the miasma of sorrow, bringing pain to my chest and suffocating my lungs. The blaring of sirens coming from afar ricocheting through my head as Shuji spoke his heartfelt-monotonic-report to my ears. why was his voice fading?

"Blink, (Y/N)." Shuji snapped me out of it. I stare at him, my eyes flooded with tears, if not blood. he looked so broken, staring down at me with remorse and pity, guilt even.

He sighs and leveled himself lower to reach me for an embrace. "I'll help you warm up, you're so cold, (Y/N)." His arms were nothing but ice, trembling and frozen cold to touch.

"am I?"

"Yeah. you are" his face buried in the crown of my head as he breathed out.

"it's just a little cold, Shu'. don't worry about me. . .have you called for my Husband's death certificate?" He hummed and remained silent.

Husband. My Husband. Dead. wouldn't that make me, a widow? shucks, in such a young age, and a wealthy background? that sounds quite horrible, to be honest.

"Should I do something for you too?" he asks and I hummed.

"yeah, kill me too."

Shuji chuckles, kissing the crown of my head. "You know I won't do that, love." Perhaps, he misunderstood my fact for a joke.