10

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

daily massages became a routine for Hana during her 'recovery' stay at the village with Zuko and Iroh. she told the masseurs that her body was still sore and aches from their journey, but truthfully she had recovered within the first two days. she was being a typical Fire Nation noble and relishing in the luxury of appearing helpless.

at home she would do this just to fit in with her friends, not out of her own selfish desires, but it seems it's now become a habit to her like it has her friends in the Fire Nation.

she walks out of her afternoon massage feeling relaxed and stress free...until she spots a new ship at the docks. a large Fire Navy vessel to be exact.

her immediate thought is that they've came for her. they found where she was and came to arrest her for abandoning the Navy and killing an Admiral. but then she remembers who she's traveling with, and they're more valuable than her.

"uncle!" Hana shouts for Iroh while passing villagers. he found it best for her to pretend they were related so that her identity wouldn't be uncovered.

Hana stops in the doorway when she notices Iroh, "we need to go! the Navy—"

"—who do we have here?"

Hana's eyes go wide at the feminine voice in the room. she holds back a gasp as she sees the one and only princess Azula standing by the window with Zuko.

"wait, don't tell me...you're the girl who transferred to my brother fleet," Azula fakes a sympathetic sigh and brushed her hair out of her face, "he and my uncle got you all caught up in their mess"

Hana looks to Iroh who is glaring at his niece. Zuko stays silent by the window, seemingly in his own world.

"I don't understand..." the Fire Nation noble girl glances between the three of them, "what's going on?"

Azula hasn't tried to arrest her yet, so maybe she doesn't know her full story. or maybe she does and is trying to lure them into the ship before she arrests all of them. they certainly aren't heroes at the moment.

"you're all going home," Azula says, brushing by Hana's shoulder, "i'll be back tomorrow"

Hana waits until Azula is out of sight before speaking again, "what just happened?"

"we're going home," Zuko says, still in his own mind as he rushes to gather his things, "after three long years. it's unbelievable"

"it is unbelievable," Iroh now stands by the window, "I have never known my brother to regret anything"

Hana goes to stand beside Iroh, "the Fire Lord lifted Zuko's banishment?"

"father's realized how important family is to him. he cares about me" Zuko says in reply.

Iroh turns to his nephew, "I care about you! I mean, if Ozai wants you back, well I think it may not be for the reasons you imagine"

Iroh has a point, the Fire Lord isn't known for being kind-hearted and family-oriented. he's ruthless and focused on power just like his predecessors.