☐ 08

Save your tears

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Skinny love- Bon iver

Under the cover of night, they walk side by side, the soft glow of streetlights creating a delicate ambiance around them. Sunghoon had fetched her from the hospital earlier, and now their synchronized footsteps whisper on the wet pavement, the air heavy with unspoken tension.

The day had dawned with a hopeful promise, the sun's embrace painting the city in warmth. They had embraced their bucket list with fervor, their laughter etching cherished memories in the fabric of time. But as the day unfolded, a subtle unease started weaving its way through their interactions.

Sunghoon had drifted into an unusual distance, his gaze often straying as if chasing thoughts hidden from view. A heavy silence enveloped him, leaving her feeling like an outsider in his inner world.

Finally, as they settled by the riverside, she couldn't hold her curiosity at bay any longer.

"You've been acting different today. Something's bothering you, isn't it?"

His gaze met hers, guarded and distant. "It's nothing you need to worry about."

Eyebrows lifted, her eyes reflecting a mix of curiosity and mild irritation. "Really? It doesn't seem like nothing. Something's been on your mind."

"It's not your concern, alright? You don't have to know everything about me."

Her voice gains a sharper edge, a flicker of hurt beneath the surface. "Aren't we in this together? If you're holding back, maybe it's better if we just part ways. "

A flash of frustration crosses his eyes, a mix of annoyance and defiance. "Is that what you want? To just walk away?"

Her gaze hardens, her voice now colder. "I'm not the one claiming to possess all the answers."

Tension crackles between them, words unspoken but hanging heavy in the air. "True," he concedes, his voice holding a tight restraint. "I don't have all the answers. But at least I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not."

Her gaze locks onto his once more, her anger flaring. "Spare me the act of righteousness."

"I'm not acting, alright? I'm tired of dealing with someone who's so emotionally detached they can't see beyond themselves."