☐ 12

The girl and the moon

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Compass- the neighborhood

Wearing the chosen outfit, she arrives at the designated place slightly ahead of time. Her intention is to relish the tranquility of the summer breeze in solitude, enveloped by the quietude of the setting.

Yet, her peaceful reverie is broken by the soft cadence of footsteps drawing nearer. Slowly, she opens her eyes, and there he is—Sunghoon—looking at her from an upside-down perspective. A smile graces her lips as she takes in the sight, a familiar warmth spreading through her chest.

Her gaze sweeps over his outfit and then shifts to her own attire, a realization dawning upon her. The outfits they wear are perfectly matched, she can't help but chuckle, her tone playful yet knowing,

"Oh, you did this on purpose, didn't you?"

Sunghoon takes a seat beside her on the sandy shore, their eyes both trained on the moon above as the waves serenade them with their soothing lullaby. The world around them becomes a backdrop, fading into the background as they share a moment of quiet companionship. Both absorbed in their thoughts, they find solace in each other's presence.

Her voice breaks the silence, her words carrying a wistful longing,

"When I go, I want to shine like those stars. I want to watch over you when the night falls, to promise you that I'm always here, looking after you."

The sincerity in her words tugs at Sunghoon's heart, an ache of understanding threading through his emotions

With a hint of jest, he retorts, "Are you about to die or something?"

Her laughter rings out, a melody masking the vulnerability beneath the surface. In that fleeting moment, their words become a dance of emotions, an intricate exchange that speaks of love, yearning, and the unspoken fears that linger beneath the surface.

The sand slips through their fingers, a metaphor for the fleeting nature of their time together. Their fingers brush against each other's as they engage in this delicate game of connection.

Amid the moonlit night, Yuna's voice breaks the silence, hanging like a fragile question in the air, "What's this important thing you need to tell me?"

Sunghoon's heart races, his breath hitching as he finally faces the moment he's been building up to. He locks eyes with her, the moonlight casting a gentle glow upon his earnest expression. His voice trembles slightly as he confesses, his vulnerability laid bare,

"The moon is beautiful isn't it ?"

He offers a tender smile, his voice trembling with the weight of his admission,

"In other words, I love you."

The words hang in the air, a palpable tension enveloping them. Her eyes search his, wrestling with a maelstrom of emotions. Fear, like an old friend, starts to creep into her heart, whispering its familiar doubts. She hesitates, her voice tinged with a mixture of longing and trepidation,

"You know I can't... Please, I don't want to hurt you."

Sunghoon's face registers a mixture of hurt and understanding. Memories of their shared moments, their connection, play vividly in his mind. "What about last night? I thought it meant something," he counters, his voice laced with hope, seeking to bridge the distance between them.

Her response is a fragile attempt at self-preservation, her words betraying the vulnerability she's trying to shield. "I was just crossing out the list..." Her voice trembles, a fragile shield against the impending emotional storm.

His gaze softens, unwavering in its intensity. "It's okay, just let go with me. You know I'm the right one for you," he reassures, his voice a gentle caress in the night air. He inches closer, his presence a grounding force amidst the turmoil.

Their connection ignites, a spark of electricity running through her veins as he leans in.

Their lips almost touch but as the moment lingers, she gently pushes him away, her breath coming in shaky gasps. Her voice trembles as she speaks, a mix of regret and determination in her tone,

"No, this is wrong."

With that, she turns and walks away, her heart heavy with the weight of her emotions. The moon bears witness to their shared vulnerability, aching with the knowledge of the love that remains unspoken and the pain that courses through their veins.

 The moon bears witness to their shared vulnerability, aching with the knowledge of the love that remains unspoken and the pain that courses through their veins

Author's note:
What do we loveee?drama 🙄🤞