Chapter One: Nevaeh

If everybody who went to Cambersville Highschool actually knew why I was so quiet, or even knew I existed at the least, they'd realize that I'm not a weird quiet kid who doesn't have any friends, or even a weird girl at all. That sounds so stupid but it's  also so true, but as I've been told by my beautiful and blunt mother, I have the beauty of a popular girl's times ten. I don't agree much with her but sometimes I wonder if I was just a little bit more like my mom that maybe I'd be more noticed. Which is the last thing I'd want. You stay out of sight, your not on a radar. My brother, Mac, tries convincing me to get out there, go on a date, talk to other people besides just Laney, make more friends. But I can't do it. I can't even imagine how my brother could muster up the courage to convince me to do the things he can never do, but he tries. And he fails. But he tries over and over again, more than I can count. I won't wind up like him, but I also don't need to shove it in his face that I'm healthier than him. He's my brother, I love him through the thick and thin.
And as I walk through this pit of hell building I can't help but think all I want to do, is go back to his hospital room, and watch the stupidest movies we can find on the TV until midnight, being the inseparable twins we've been since day one.
But life doesn't always work the way you want it to, does it?
"Nevaeh Eve to the office. Nevaeh Eve to the office."the intercom Blaires in my eardrums as soon as I step through the school's front door.
What now? Ugh.