Chapter Three: Nevaeh

"Hi sweetheart, thank you for coming in real quick, to talk." My red headed counselor says from across me and the table that sits between us. She has multiple pictures of her shi-tzu on her desk. Think his name is brandy.
"Of course, by the way if this about the C I have in AP Calc, I swear that's temporary, I have a whole plan, see-"
"No, no Nevaeh, this isn't about grades this time, in fact I think you're rather very much improving in your work."
"Oh... Okay thank you." I respond kind of relieved as I relax my posture a little. Then it clicks that it has to be something else then.
"Um, then, what is it?"
Ms. June sighs, "I know you're not very social, or used to talking to many people in general..." She starts off real strong.
"But you should know I really encourage you to get out there-"
Before she could even finish I'm shaking my head, I should've known.
"Ms. June, it won't happen. I'm not making new friends, Laney is good enough."
"Well, I'm glad you and my daughter have each other, but you need more social experience, believe it or not, academics is not the only important thing you need to focus on here, Nev, you have seven months till you  graduate, it's crucial that you have connections, and with the minimal connection you have with your class, I'm afraid your chances are slimming."
Sadly enough, what she said made sense. Fuck.
"Okay... So what are you getting at? You need me to make new friends?" I respond nervously playing with my thick blonde hair, before I realize I probably look weird doing that.
Ms. June sighs once again, "Kind of...I want you to escort a new student around, he just came in from Michigan, same age as you, and I'm sure it'd be helpful to meet a friendly face." She says sympathetically towards me. Manipulative tactic. It's not gonna work on me. Nuh. Uh.
"Ms. June, if he's eighteen like me, I'm sure he can handle it himself. The world is rough, whoever he is, wherever he is, he'll learn a good lesson, he might even learn to do things on his own." I roll my eyes.
"Nevaeh, do not push this aside. Your doing this. It's already been planned. He's been called down and you're gonna show him around all day-"
"But-"
"No. He's on his way, his name is Jesse, and you better be damn nice. Pardon my language."
"Woah Ms. June, I could get you fired for that." I smile and wink at her.
She smiles back. "The mouth on you, kid. I admire it." She walks me out of her oakwood office and towards the lobby.
"Sweetheart, you can wait for him here, alright? You got this. Be nice too, okay?"
I smile sarcasticically towards her, "I'll only threaten him a few times, you don't have to worry." I sit down on the old green cushioned seat, that's been there since freshmen year, and memories fly round in my head, shake them away, Nev.
"I'm kidding. He'll be fine." I assure Ms. June, she smirks and turns her back on me, walks away and I'm left alone. I look around the ancient lobby that I'm kind of sick of, and eye a few guys walking my way. Two of them, I recognize right away. And my heart drops from where I'm sitting. And the other, is someone I've never seen before. And that must be Jesse. Brown wavy hair, tan, tall, dimples, charming smile, and from what I can tell, bland and shitty as hell personallity. How do I know this? Because he knows the Dip-Shit dudes. Looks like he's even friends with them. Boy, do I have a story for Mac when I get home. Frick.