Chapter Two: Jesse

Here we go again. New school. This is great, which one is it now? Number eight? Nine? I have no clue but it's all the same. Popular kids hanging front and center in the middle of the cafeteria, nerds on the sidelines or benches, either works. Druggies in the bathroom, teachers in the lounge, and nobody getting caught for their disciplinary actions, because the world just doesn't care, and I don't blame it really. The world has its own ugly flow, and just decided, "hey, let's torture kids with the grand idea of school!"
Though, I give props to the grand guy who came up with the idea. It's pure genius coming up with a way to separate everyone into cliques whilst pressing them to stay active with sports, express your creativity with art, or just be plain damn smart and join a math team because you know what works for you. But that's the thing, now we're all separated and cold towards each other. Ever watch Highschool Musical? Because I was forced to by my little sister tons of times, and the only good thing I really got out of it was that beating adversity is a real thing. And it's so much better than staying where you're meant to be. Look, I know I just went on a whole rant about this, but no judgement, the best place to start at a new school, when you move schools all the time? Temporary friends. Best  place to find them? Front and center, in the middle of the cafeteria. Too easy.
"What's up guys? I'm Jess, new guy, I was told one of you would be good to show me around?"
I announce as I approach their small crowd, they look at me like I'm a piece of gum on the bottom of their shoe. Expected.
"Doubt it man. Find a new group." One pipes up, brown hair, short, probably the most blunt.
"Nah man, if I need someone to show me around, I'm gonna find someone, and if it's any of you, you'd be in damn well luck. Any volunteers?" I grab a ten from the back pocket of my jeans while I say this and pull it out, bribing them. Always works. Always will.
"Yeah man, I'll show you around." The tallest, with curly hair offers as he grabs the money from my hand.
"Lesgo." He grabs my back pack and yanks me with him, to follow. Ha. My first day of school here and wasn't even a problem at all. Here we go Cambersville, you better be good.