𝖎. a wedding in winchester

WORSHIPPING HANDS,          FINANchapter one

WORSHIPPING HANDS, FINAN
chapter one.          a wedding in winchester
( a year and a half later )

          a wedding in winchester ( a year and a half later )

          SHE RECEIVED HER Uncle's letter that morning.  Elvina had only just awoken when her Husband, Arthur, handed her a tightly entwined and folded piece of parchment. He hadn't opened it out of respect for whatever the letter contained and left her room to allow her some privacy. The blonde ripped the roped material around the letter with her thumb, it snapping quite easily as she did so. Her quick and nimble fingers opened the folded piece of paper and as she began to read the contents of the letter her King Uncle had written to her, Elvina felt her stomach dropped at what she read.

ELVINA AND HER Husband were invited to witness the marriage and union between Æthelred of Mercia and Princess Æthelflæd of Wessex. The grown woman had felt sorry for her younger cousin, knowing that having an arranged marriage is something that many didn't want. She felt rage boil within her stomach the more she thought about it. Alfred first marrying her off to one of the Nephew of one of his Ealdormen and then marrying off his only daughter nearly two years later seemed like all that he wanted to do was marry off the women in his life so he could further strengthen the foundation of Wessex. Even if it wasn't his intention at all, the thought of it still made Elvina sick to her stomach.

"WE HAVE BEEN invited to my cousins wedding," Elvina spoke up as she entered the main living area of her and Arthur's home. The house they lived in wasn't large by any means and if she had only raised her voice slightly from the confines of her room, Arthur would be able to hear her as clear as day. But the pair usually spoke to each other face to face whenever something needed to be discussed, it was mainly a thing out of respect.

"OH, IS EDWARD getting married?" Arthur asked, gently leaning against the wooden table in their designated dinning area.

ELVINA GENTLY SHOOK her head and stepped closer to Arthur, trying to keep her voice down as to not awake anyone else within their house, "It is Æthelflæd who is getting married. Alfred arranged for her and Æthelred of Mercia to be united".