𝖎𝖎. faces of old

WORSHIPPING HANDS,          FINANchapter two

chapter two.          faces of old

          THE JOURNEY TO Winchester wasn't long

THE JOURNEY TO Winchester wasn't long.  The kingdom of Devlin itself wasn't very far from Winchester.  Devlin was apart of Wessex and therefore its place of origin didn't stray far from the home of King Alfred and his family.  Elvina had assumed that the journey would be a two days ride and stood corrected when she and the rest of her Husband's family had arrived at the heart of Wessex nearly two days after she left the comfort of her home.  Ælflynn had announced the matter of their arrival to the guards stationed at the front gatesallowing them in once Elvina's name had been announcedmaking way for the former Princess of Wessex to enter with her Husband and in-laws.

          MANY TOWNSFOLK OF Wessex had been delighted to see Princess Elvina once again.  They had been saddened to see the young woman leave following her marriage ceremony nearly a year and a half ago.  A lot of the townsfolk had adored Elvina when she was just a young girlpraising her beautiful looks and kind demeanor whenever she managed to slip her Queen Aunts grasp and skip around the bustling town.  A few older woman had reached out their hands to grab onto the pale ones of Elvinacheering in delight and mumbling prayers for her welcomed return.  The former Princess had smiled at the woman who gently took her hand in theirs and greeted themallowing them to express their excitement to see her.

          "I WASN'T AWARE how much the towns people loved youEls," Ælflynn chuckled outslightly leaning over on his horse to tease his cousins Wife.  A teasing smirk stretched onto his lips once he saw Elvina's reaction to his statementher rolling her blue eyes at him and shaking her head as she ignore his teasing remarks.

          "I DO NOT blame themHusband.  Elvina seems to be the type to have anyone down on their knees from just a simple smile," Lenora retortedwinking at Elvina as she smiled.  The brunette woman noticed how, albeit the former Princess being cold and distant towards othersshe still seemed to have a certain effect on people.  Lenora didn't know if it was her enchanting looks or her sweet and gentle personality that caused others to blindly follow and love Elvina. She admired the other womans demeanor and the way she carried herself. She could tell that Elvina had years of experience regarding courtly mannersher resolve unbreakable and tone just right to get those into the palm of her hands.  Lenora wasn't much a believer in witchcraftor any other spiritual craft for that matterbut she did think that Elvina was blessed by a Goddess herself with looks that could bring any man to his knees.  She was certain that if it came to and Elvina was given the opportunity to lead an army into battlethe opposing men would happily join her side once they saw her leading the war party.