𝖎𝖛. a night in the empty church

WORSHIPPING HANDS,          FINANchapter four

chapter four.          a night in the empty church

          THE NIGHT CAME quicker than Elvina had realized,  her time with her child had busied her attention and by the time she had put Cian down for the night and dismissed the young girl who had been watching him,  the sun had already disappear...

          THE NIGHT CAME quicker than Elvina had realizedher time with her child had busied her attention and by the time she had put Cian down for the night and dismissed the young girl who had been watching himthe sun had already disappeared behind the hills and darkness consumed the sky.  Albeit tiredness becoming quite evident in her body and demeanorElvina still felt a jittery feeling buzz in the back of her head as she hopelessly tried to fall asleep.  It had been a long time since the blonde woman had struggled to give in to the warm embrace of slumber and it had been even longer since she had visited the church of Winchester to rid of her harrowing thoughts.  Sodeciding that she has nothing else better to doElvina stood from her sheets and delicately kissed the hair of her child's head before throwing on a coat and making her way to the empty church.

         ELVINA HAD ONLY been a girl of thirteen when she discovered that the church of Winchester was always vacant from two hours after sunset and three before sunrise.  She hadyet againawoken from her sleep in the dead of night to only be welcomed by her seemingly never ending thoughts.  Her dreams always consisted of past memories with her Fatherhappy and carefreeor had included nightmares of everyone around her dying as a loud voice from above blamed her for the deaths of her loved ones.  Either waythe way she awoke every night before leaving Winchester had been always the same.  Elvina would awake and the fear or happiness from her prior dreams would quickly be followed by thoughts of what they could mean or the questions of why she had been dealt this hand in life.  She began to seek solace in a place she could go to during times like these.  And the old vacant church provided just that after she stumbled upon the building one dark night. 

          ENTERING THE CHURCH had given Elvina much nostalgia as she looked up at the ceiling and pillars of the building.  Memories of times she spent there during the day and night had flooded her minds eye as she walked around the pewsfinger tips barely brushing the glazed wood.  A smile crept onto her face as she halted her movementsher eyes moving from the objects within the church.  Many things hadn't changed within the four walled roombringing the young woman some comfort in the fact that this building was the only thing to have not altered or changed within her life.