06/2020

__________________________________________

Video

Anselmo and Erasme right next to each other. They are wearing party hats for kids. 

In the background, one can hear Anne singing, "Happy birthday Era and Selmo, happy birthday to you!"

They look at each other below blowing their own candles.

__________________________________________

It's not yet my birthday. It's not yet Erasme's birthday. 

Yet here we are, blowing candles inside the hospital room. Having a children's party. 

Hindi na ako tumanggi, kahit na pakiramdam ko unti-unti nang nahahati 'yong puso ko. Mama has always, always, always been supportive, most especially during moments when I needed a parent and no was around... so who am I to decline this request?

Mama, my only prayer is for you to live a long long long long long long long long life. 

You really have still so much love to give to the world. 

You still have to see Erasme get her first job. You still have to see her get her hair dyed with bright red. You still have to teach us your secret laing recipe. Hindi pa rin namin alam ni Edcel kung paano mo ginagawa 'yong masarap na sinantolan. Magluluto pa tayo eh.

I still have to ask you to allow me to marry Erasme.

We still have to see you do so many wonderful magic in our lives. 

If I have to make a gamble with God just for you to stay a little longer, I will.

I really will.