twenty seven

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

twenty seven

sarang knew exactly what she needed to do but that didn't mean she wanted to do it, though the harsh realisation she was hit with after her talk with minnie and rosè made her aware that it had to happen. if she wanted to be smart and protect herself from the heartbreak she knew was bound to experience then she had to make tough decisions, even it hurt her a little to do so.

she had never been one to be cautious with her feelings, she loved to love and be loved. sarang believed you had to take chances and let whatever happens be, to deprive herself of relationships and love just because she was scared just isn't her.

or it wasn't her before him because now however, she was going to run away from love. so consumed in her own thoughts she didn't realise that worry and stress was written all over her face for the man sitting across for her to see.

lewis was sat with her around the outdoor table and chairs in his malibu home while roscoe, kai and kuma tumbled around the yard. he couldn't explain it but something about the scene in front of him brought him to complete serenity. for a second, a split second, he pictured it being like this all the time, coming home between races to something other than an empty house. he shook that out of his head as quick as the thought entered his mind, he couldn't think like that, he'd sacrificed that option for his career.

the sound of lewis clearing his throat snapped sarang back to reality and she quickly turned to him and gave him a small nervous looking smile.
"you okay?" his voice was so soft, god she hated how kind and soft he spoke.

"yeah, just uh just thinking."
"don't hurt yourself."
"ha ha you're hilarious" she gave him a deadpan stare as he giggled to himself.

"no i just" sarang took a breath as lewis turned his full attention to her. she could feel her heart speeding up and the courage to have this conversation slipping away quickly. she didn't actually think through how she'd do this, so she panicked.

"i'm seeing someone." a stupid coward, that's what she is.

"oh?" lewis tried he really did but he couldn't hide the shock in his voice or written on his face.

sarang had never hated herself more than in this moment right now. she wanted to so badly do this properly, she wanted to talk it out and end their arrangement maturely because that's how lewis and sarang worked.
they talked to each other, they were honest and trusted each other. but the fear of losing him as a friend and the shame of feeling the way she did when she knew what she agreed to with him was too heavy on her shoulders.
a lie to cover the truth was going to have to suffice.

"it's nothing super serious right now but i think sleeping with other people isn't on either of our pro lists." she pushed out a dry laugh trying to use sarcasm and humour to defuse her anxiety.

lewis had a hundred thoughts going through his mind right now and he hated every one of them. the pressing question of 'who the hell is this guy?' being the loudest and he had to physically clamp his mouth shut to not ask her. the second loudest being the thought he had earlier about it always being like this, a joke.

why did it matter anyway? their whole agreement was a temporary casual thing, hell he'd entertained other women too though he never slept with them, not that he'd say that because then he'd have to admit something deeper behind that. he didn't want to go there.

"well he must be pretty damn great, i mean, no more of this huh?" he gestured his hands up and down his body giving her an exaggerated joking wink.
laugh it away, that will work.

sarang rolled her eyes at him as they let out a genuine laugh together before she caught his eyes again.
she had a soft smile on her face and if lewis was any closer to her he'd see the glassines in her eyes and sadness on her face.
"yeah, he is pretty damn great."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

dear readers im alive y'all... barely bc i have been so damn busy but im back
i know y'all are probably cursing me for this chapter trust me it hurt to do, next few will probably hurt too sorryy
but race week!!! manifesting merc doesn't make me depressed like this chapter probably did you hehehe
also omg 70k reads!!! crazyyyy thank you so much x

here is a im sorry gift xx
i genuinely fell to my knees when i saw these pics i need him so bad you don't get it..

here is a im sorry gift xxi genuinely fell to my knees when i saw these pics i need him so bad you don't get it