Chapter Twelve

Stiles watches in distress while the plane flies away, and he sneaks to the ground on his knees while he watches the sky. Maybe another one is coming by after that one, he hopes but he knows that it's not going to happen. He feels hot tears on his cheek while he just stays as still as a statue as he stares at the sky, and he gasps as he wipes his face. Stiles is taking in shuddering breathes, and he has to take several puffs on his inhaler.

Stiles is almost out of medicine, this is his last one and it's almost out, and he suddenly feels a wave of rage at Derek. Maybe the plane could have seen them if they were both making a noise, and he stands before stalks to find Derek. He's no angry that he's chocking on it, and he pushes his way into the trees to find Derek. "Derek!" Stiles screams, wiping his face as he moves to look for him.

Stiles finds Derek at the camp, sitting down as he stares at nothing, and Stiles looks at him while he just sort of angrily waves his hands. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?!" Stiles screams, and Derek flinches somewhat violently. Stiles is panting as he looks at him, and Derek turns away from him. "Why? Why don't you want to get off this place?!" Stiles says, and Derek still doesn't want to look at him.

Derek doesn't know what to say to him, and Stiles sobs some. Derek flinches when he hears him, it's the worst thing he's ever heard, and he hides his face in his hands. "I don't know." Derek whispers, and Stiles scoffs in disbelief and unamusement.

"I don't know if that plane was going to see us, but you could have tried to help me. I want to go home. I don't belong here." Stiles says, and Derek bites his lip roughly while he tries to tune out Stiles' dry sobs. "I cannot believe you did that to me." Stiles says, and Derek turns towards him in anger.

"I didn't want to! I don't know why I left! That plane wouldn't have just stopped when it saw us, it would have kept going. No one is coming for us!" Derek tells him, and Stiles gasps at him before he shakes his head.

"How could you say that? Don't you want to go back to your family?" Stiles asks him, and Derek flinches again. He doesn't know that to say that, he doesn't really understand why he did what he did. "Say something!" Stiles screams, pushing him some. He doesn't move Derek at all, he's not that strong or violent in nature, but Derek looks like Stiles just hit him hard enough to hurt him.

"I don't know how to live there any more! I was sixteen when I washed up here. I was in high school and now I'm old and I don't know what do with myself any more." Derek tells him. "I wouldn't be able to live with my family. They obviously aren't look for me. If they were then I would be home by now, they don't care about me." Derek says, obviously distressed. Stiles doesn't know what to say to that, and he sighs as he wipes his face.

"Derek. I'm almost out of my medicine and I can't breathe without it, okay? I'll die if I stay here any longer." Stiles tells him, and Derek looks away for him. He doesn't know what to do to make it better, and Stiles doesn't seem to want him to do anything at the moment. "I want to go home." Stiles whispers, and Derek walks away from him. Stiles looks at him with sadness before he moves to get some of his things before he moves to walk towards the beach. He doesn't want to see Derek at the moment.

****

Derek doesn't understand how Stiles could think that this is easy for him, he's been here for twelve years Stiles has only been here for two months. Derek's had to make do with everything that he's done, and he's tried his best to make a home for himself. Derek just doesn't know any more if he wants to go home, he just wants to be with Stiles or alone.

The sun is hot, it burns Derek's skin and he moves to go down into the tress to stay away from the light. He sees Stiles walk towards the beach, he probably doesn't want anything to do with Derek anymore even after all that Derek has done for him. Not that Derek would make him stay with him or anything like that. Derek lays down in the forest, the ground is slightly wet but it's cooling against his skin. He knows he needs to make it up to Stiles, and he closes his eyes as he tries to think of a plan on how to do it.