Deleted Scenes

Today, my WiFi went out so I was looking at all of my works and I found that I had several scenes that didn't make the cut for this book. So why not share?

From Chapter Two. A little bit of Derek's POV I didn't think that this fit in well with the flow of the story so I took it out.

Derek is watching the waves, it's a lot like yesterday and the day before, but unlike those days Derek sees something in the distances. It's black, Derek has to squint his eyes to see it, and it looks like a luggage. He stands up, stretching out his back since he was sitting down for a long time and he brushes sand off of his ass, and he sees that it's not just luggage floating. There's a man on it. Derek's eyes widen as he moves into the water more, the waves licking at his ankles, and he jumps into the water to swim towards it.

The man is laying in the water, his head is miraculously above the water, and Derek feels his pale throat for a pulse. He's the first person that Derek has seen in years, so many years that he's lost count, and he brushes the man's head out of his face as he drags the suitcase to shore. Derek wonders if he should leave the man here in the water, leaving on an island is no way to leave it's something that Derek would never wish on anyone, but he can't let the man stay here in the water. Derek drags him to the shore, leaving him on his back but out of the water, and he looks around before he watches the man's chest rise up and down as he breathes. It sounds funny to Derek, not right to his ears, and he starts to dig through the man's luggage.

Derek has just opened the luggage when he sees a small black bag falls out, and he opens it up to look through. He sees that it's asthma inhalers, and his heart pings. Paige had asthma, he used to tease her about it when they kissed, and Derek's lip wobbles as he closes the bag up. He doesn't want to look at it anymore. He stands, taking the luggage with him, to go back to his campsite. Derek turns to look at the man, and he secretly hopes that he sees him again.

Chapter Five

Stiles is bathing in the waterfall, Derek watches him. A bit porny and I felt it took away from the seriousness of the chapter I sort of wish I had since it would have been a nice into their relationship, but you win some, you lose some.

Stiles doesn't think that it's a good idea to swim in the waterfall, in his defense he did rinse off the sand in the sea, but he wanted to feel the cool water at night. He likes staying with Derek at night, so he has to bathe here. He mentioned it to Derek, asking him if it was okay, and he just got a grunt in answer which is what he was suspecting what Derek was going to do. He strips off his clothes, throwing them on the ground, and he jumps into the water. He remembers fondly to a time when he would have been upset that the water was purified or flavored, but this is the best tasting water he's ever had.

Stiles pops out of the water, smoothing his hair back since it's gotten longer, and he feels eyes watch him. Stiles turns his head slightly and he sees Derek's shadow as he watches him, and it makes Stiles' stomach warm, and he really wants to ask Derek to join him but he doesn't think that Derek would like that so he stays silent. If he stands in the water, giving Derek a nice view of his ass, then it's no one's business but his. Especially when he hears Derek's soft intake of air.

Chapter Eight

This is a short scene from when it was raining and they were trapped in the camp

Stiles looks out the makeshift window and he sighs as he watches the rain fall down. "The rain seriously doesn't bother you? It's really weirding me out. Why does it not rain for months and then rain for days?" Stiles asks him, and Derek shrugs his shoulders.

Derek leans against him, he's been extra clingy to Stiles since he's still thinking about that book that Stiles told him about, and he looks at the wall. He doesn't think he'd be able to survive without Stiles, he wouldn't and that's a terrifying thought. Derek was okay by himself for so long, but now he never wants to leave him.

Chapter Thirteen

This was a scene that I made that showed Scott and Talia meeting for lunch before Derek and Stiles were rescued but I wanted to bring it in a different direction.

Scott is leaning against Jackson, needing to have him for support, and he looks around for Talia Hale. He's meeting her here for lunch, and he wants to talk to her about support groups for himself and John. Scott is going to ask about her son, but Talia has been on several talk shows and her daughter has written several articles about him. "Excuse me? Are you Scott McCall? I'm Talia Hale." An older woman asks him, and Scott lefts his head up and he nods his head.

"Yes, ma'am. It's nice to meet you." Scott says, smiling at her while he stands before she sits down. "I'm glad that you accepted my offer." Scott adds, and Talia smiles. "It was really nice for you to answer my emails." Scott says, and Jackson remains quiet as he watches the scene.

"Thank you for meeting me. I wanted to talk to you about Derek, my son." Talia says, and Scott nods his head. "He was on a senior trip in the Pacific. They were moving them to a smaller island and he was on a small plane with four of his classmates, one of which was his girlfriend." Talia explains, and it sounds like she's reading from a script. Scott suspects that's what happens when she's told the same story over and over again. "They crashed in the ocean when the plane's engine failed. They eventually found the plane with four bodies inside, but not my son. His girlfriend was impaled to the seat from wreckage. I know my son saw that." Talia says, her voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Derek is alive." Scott tells her, and she gives him a small small. "My best friend, Stiles, and I were on a cruise. I took my eyes away from him for a few minutes and he was gone. His luggage too." Scott says, and Talia nods.

Chapter Fourteen

This is from when Derek finds the boat. I don't know why I cut it, but I found it awkward to the story

Derek thinks he's dreaming when something lands beside him. "Grab onto it! I'll pull you up!" Derek hears, and he doesn't know how he missed that the boat was right in front of him. (A little piece that was quickly scrapped)

Derek growls in annoyance when the doctor tries to stick a needle in his arm. He wants them to pay attention to Stiles, he doesn't care about himself he just wants Stiles to be okay. "Look, you are obvious dehydrated. You need an IV." A curly haired man hisses to him, and Derek snaps his teeth at him. "Oh my God. Fine, whatever." He says, going to tend to Stiles. Derek moves closer to him, but he gets pushed out of the room.