Zalia meets The Runaways Part 1

So I added my own little stuff to this story for fun. Mainly, in this story, Stacey (one of the parents in the runaways, which if you haven't seen, you should go watch right now) and Pepper are sisters, but aren't really close. Also, this is after Tony and Pepper got married but before Infinity War. In that mostly peaceful period of time.

                                                                                        ******

"Ohhhhh. My head." I groan, sitting up and glancing around the room I'm in. It's tall and musty with a few lights illuminating it. I can see six people standing next to the couch I'm on, with a weird growling animal that I've never seen before next to them.

"Are you okay?" One of the people asks, stepping forward. 

"I'm fine, I just..." I trail off and glance up at the person who'd spoken. She's white, with glasses and purple hair. "Gert?"

"Zalia?" Gert says in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I... I don't really know. I was working in the lab with Dad and something must've happened. I don't remember." I explain. I stand up and give Gert a hug. "God, it's good to see you again. I heard about all that stuff with that girl, Destiny Gonzalez, on the news. Pepper was so scared for you and Molly. But we never believed it was you. Not for a second."

"Gert, do you know her?" One of the boys asks. I let go of Gert and look at the other kids.

"Yeah, we do." Molly says, walking over and giving me a hug. "She's Stacey's sister's stepdaughter."

"I'm Zalia." I add, smiling at the other kids.

"Nice to meet you, Zalia." The blond girl says. "I'm Karolina."

"Nico." The girl wearing dark clothes adds, waving a little.

"I'm Alex." The black boy with glasses says.

"And I am Chase." Says the white boy.

"Nice to meet you guys." I reply, fiddling with my bracelet. "Hey, uh, mind if I go call my dad? I want to make sure he's okay."

"Sure, go ahead. The cell service isn't exactly great, but it's better than nothing." Nico says.

"Thanks." I say, smiling. "Also, what is this place anyway."

"Welcome to the Hostel, Zalia." Gert smiles. "It's home."

                                                                           ******

"This is Tony Stark. I'm a bit busy, probably saving the world or something, so leave a message."

"Hey Dad. It's Zalia. I'm in California if you can believe it. I'm not really sure what happened but I'm worried about you. Call me back, okay? I love you." I sigh.

"Is your dad okay?" Comes a voice from behind me. I whirl around to see Nico standing in the doorway.

"I don't know. He's not picking up." I reply, sighing. "That's not like him. He always picks up. Even if it's to say it's a bad time. I'm worried."

"Well, I'm sure he'll be okay. You said he's a scientist, right?" Nico asks. I chuckle.

"Something like that." I reply.

"Oh. Well, Gert and Molly you'd have dinner with us. Is that alright?" Nico says. I nod.

"Sounds fun. I'm starving." I reply, standing up.

"Great. We have pizza. Molly couldn't decide what to order, so we decided that everyone loves pizza, so that's what we got." Nico explains as we walk into a brightly lit dining room. The smell of pizza wafts through the air.

"We got pizza!" Molly says, walking in. The weird animal is sitting next to Gert and I sit down on her other side.

"That's Old Lace." Gert says when she notices me looking. "She's a good girl, you don't have to worry."

"Old Lace..." I pause. "Like that old movie Steve loves? He made us all watch it once on movie night. My dad didn't like it all that much, but I thought it was cool."

"Yeah. Exactly. These guys won't watch it." Gert says happily.

"Hey, is your dad okay, by the way?" Chase asks. I shrug.

"Don't know. He didn't pick up the phone. He always picks up the phone. I'm worried." I explain.

"I'm sure he'll be okay. He's tough." Molly reassures me.

"Yeah, you're right." I say.

"Hey, we were talking and maybe you could spend the night here?" Karolina says suddenly. "It's a pretty long flight to New York." I pause, fiddling with my bracelet. I've been losing control of my powers in my sleep more often lately. Mostly during nightmares. Wanda said that it happens to her sometimes too and that it'll be alright. But I don't want to lose control here. But I don't really have anywhere else to go right now.

"Sure." I say. "I'd be happy to."