Dane Harrison

„We work together so well, my little wolf." Amanda wraps her arms around me and I sink into her affection. My heart pounds in my chest. She is a tall girl in my grade. There are some days where I pray to the wolf gods, thanking them for leading my life to the academy. A school for „late bloomers" they called it.

Looks good on paper but unreality no one here was a late bloomer. Well, except for me. „Darling where did you go? I lost you for a minute there." I shake my head getting rid of the thoughts immediately. „Just thinking of the school, Amanda. Nothing to worry about." She frowns puffing her freckled checks out, those red curls bouncing in the light. „You don't need to worry about the other wolves. You're only 17 and they're too strong for you anyway." She giggles and leans back down into my lap.

„Good day, Mr. Harrison!" I look up and see a stubbly man making his way towards me. „Good day, Mr. Astor." I hold up my hand to the man and he happily takes it. „Ready to see you new apartment?" He asks me and I nod enthusiastically. We step into the elevator and Mr. Astor rattles down some information. „As you know this is not usually a student building but we decided to rent out the apartment to some of the students. You know how hard it can be to find a affordable apartment." I chuckle politely and the man leads us to a brown door. Anything is better than a poke in the eye Amanda's voice giggles.

„My niece will be living here as well, lovely girl, you might know her from class." I step into the apartment; it's a big open space with an immediate kitchen, dining table and living room. Off to the side there are two bedrooms each with their own bathroom. „It's perfect!" I beam at the man and he seems pleased.

Graciously he helps unload the boot of my car and helps me carry all my bags up to the empty bedroom. He hands me the keys to the apartment and makes his leave. „You couldn't possibly tell me who-„ but he is already out the  door before I can finish, „-your niece is." I shake my head and chuckle I'll find out sooner or later. If you're lucky she might be as pretty as me. I ignore the tall redhead hallucination and get aquatinted with the apartment.

I spend a good half hour stuffing all of the drawers and cupboards with my belongings before I finally make my way into the kitchen. Might as well cook something for my unknown roommate before she arrives. I grab random items out of the fridge and make a chicken stock, along with lamb chops. Should likely last us more than a day, knowing the appetite of wolves.

I put in my headphones and dance around the kitchen, a guilty pleasure. I am in my element as I through in spices here and add a touch of salt there. Suddenly I turn around and come face to face with my roommate.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Cotton ball?!" She is angry but still she uses the nickname. More of a habit I guess. I don't want to feel nervous but I do, especially when she looks like she could bring me to my knees, and honestly I have no doubt she could.

"Mr. Astor said-" I start in that moment something in my head clicks. Mr. Astor, as in Freya Astors uncle. Fudge cakes. "Don't tell me you're my roommate." She says calmer now as if defeated. I nod hesitantly even for once Amanda does not appear.

She throat bobs and I catch onto the movement. That delicious vein pulses and I want to bite it.

Mark it. Make her mine. I stagger back, the weird voice inside my head caught me off guard. I stumble back a halfhearted slip over my own feet. I try to catch myself but I end up placing my hand onto the hot electric stove. Wincing I rip my hand off and lose my balance completely. With a horrible loud clatter I fall onto the ground a knock my head back into the cupboard.