Freya Astor

For the life of me I can not understand how people can stand going to school and being happy about it. Anytime a teacher ask or says anything I want to punch someone in the face. Especially when it comes to some old white dude pushing his opinion onto us. Oh geez, how terrible that people aren't getting married early or having children. How dare we still go to uni when we are older than 23 and not have a family of one-hundred-and-who-gives-a-fuck kids at home.

"Younglings your age should at least start thinking about settling down", Professor Strang parades in front of the big chalk board. I scoff loudly and heads whip towards me. Strang looks up and I see a scowl - albeit an unsurprised one - mar his face. "Is there something you would like to add to this lesson, Miss Astor?"

Yeah, go fuck yourself. "No." I grunt and he watches me for a moment before going back to his endless monologue. "As I was saying in the history of all things paranormal things have changed. Whether those changes are good or bad are left for discussion." I drown the professor out, fantasising about strangling him right where he stands.

"Wonderful!" The old fucker says with an odd smile. "How does the subject of change affect the politic of our community?" A students puts up their hand to answer their question. I recognise her immediately. Morana sits with her back up straight and that bastard pink bow in her short black hair. I clench my fists when she speaks up. "The new laws are now that all creatures such as werewolves, vampires, warlocks and witches can share lands. Something that has never happened before."

A voice that used to be seductive now only make me sick to my core. Strang smiles widely at the girl and, damn that vampire, she smiles back flashing her fangs in anything but warning. Etiquette is not her strong suit. Strang doesn't care about the rudeness, anything for his prized pupil.

I almost vomit right then and there.

A voice much more timid speaks up for the furthest corner of the room. "Actually it was the Elders of each coven, clan and pack..." The voice trails off when all attention turns to him. Strang looks up and quits as if to see better. "And you are?" He asks sceptically.

Dane lets his eyes turn an almost black green and his voice becomes gravely. "Harrison, Sir." The profferer asses Dane and I have to stop myself from licking my lips at the sight of Dane's wolf come out. "Well, do continue with your line of thought, Mister Harrison."

Dane, more like Danes wolf nods. "It was the Elders of each coven, clan and pack that came together and were offered a peace treaty by the humans. It is only because of them that we are able to roam freely and not have to uphold the law of secrecy.

"The only freedom we have is thanks to them." He finishes and feeling of pride blossoms in my chest only for it to be burst by Strang. "Humans were the sole reason we had to hide ourselves in the first place." He takes a breath to say something else but he is interrupted by Morana. "I agreee fully, it was their superstitions that lead them to believe that we were evil."

I snort. Maybe cause some bitches actually were. "It wasn't the humans themselves that decided  that all paranormal beings were bad. It was the corrupt governments that forced them to believe their words. A few bastards in power controlling everything can't fault an entire species of people." I decide to say finally.

The vampire Morana looks up towards me. I haven't directly spoken in any conversation she has been present for a long time. We lock eyes and I see her lick her fang with a seductive smirk. I roll my eyes at her pathetic attempt at whatever she's trying to do.