Let There Be Night

This is a heavy one so make sure you have some blankets, tissues, and therapy!! And everybody give a big thank you to my discord server who helped me get through this one <3

"Worthless!" Void screamed, spittle escaping his mouth and landing on Phantom's tear-streaked face. "Fucking worthless."

"Leave me alone," Phantom tried to be brave but his shaking voice gave him away. He tugged at the ropes around his wrist and dropped his chin to his chest. So tired, Phantom was so so tired. He didn't even have the energy to lift his eyelids, instead letting them droop closed.

He hears the slap before he feels it. The sharp sound of skin on skin contact, then the terrible sting hits him. Phantom's head is thrown to the side, and he clenches his hands into fists, digging his clawed fingernails into his skin, wishing he'd draw blood that he can offer up as penance.

"Sodo will," Phantom gasped out. "He'll be here- soon."

"You really think they cared about you, you pathetic mutt?" Void shoved his face close to Phantom's and spit, watching as it made a trail down his cheek. "They'll never find you. They won't even come looking."

"They will," Phantom's voice was quiet, already doubting himself. "They will. And I'm not a mutt."

"You're right, you're barely even a ghoul. You don't have a pack and everything you do just pushes them farther away from you."

Phantom sobbed. "N-no, stop."

Void just grinned and kicked the chair out from under him, sending him sprawling. "You always were too weak to fight back."

"Stop."

"Have you learned nothing?" A kick aimed at Phantom's ribs sent him jolting to the side, his tied arms twisting painfully. "You selfish, useless, mutt."

Tears collected at the base of Phantom's nose, and he sniffled pathetically. No one was going to come looking for him. He had tried to put on a brave act for Void, show him that his pack cared about him and would bring him back, but he didn't believe it. Not really. All he'd ever done was ruin things.

He curled into himself as much as his bound limbs would allow, and cried. He cried until he had no tears left, until he was hiccuping and his head hurt, until the pain in his ribs and arms faded.

After all, why would they come looking for him? If they found him and brought him back he'd just mess everything up again. It was probably for the better that Void would kill him here. He wouldn't be able to destroy anything else.

Phantom found himself hoping Void would kill him. He let himself believe that when he came back into the small, windowless room, he would snap his neck, break his spine, strangle him. Anything to end the pain. He counted down the seconds, minutes, eventually hours, until he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone anymore.

He was grateful, in fact. This way he wouldn't be a bother, he wouldn't get in the way, the fans of his band wouldn't hate him anymore.

Everything would end up okay.

•.•.•

"What the fuck do you mean he's gone?" Sodo paced around the den anxiously, his fingers tousling his long hair and his steps heavy with worry.

"I don't know," Rain made a placating gesture. "He went back there to talk to Void and—"

"He went back there willingly?" Fingers that were previously in his hair curled into fists. "Why?"