The beginning of the End Part 2

Will's POV

When we got home, Jasmine was angry. She was angry at the school system for expelling her. Joey had it coming. They should've expelled him instead.

"I know who the demigod is," Jasmine said quietly. "I figured it out when you guys were waiting for me."

We all immediately lit up.

"Who is it?" Nico's eyes widened.

"I swear, if it's Joey, I'm gonna-" I started.

She shook her head. "It's Angelica." Her tone was so soft that it made me feel like she was hurting.

"You sound sad?" Austin murmured. "Are you okay?"

"What do you think?" She scowled. "I just got expelled because of a couple of bullies. I'm emotionally unstable right now."

"Aren't we all?" Nico muttered under his breath.

"That can't be the only reason," Percy argued. "Come on. You've been hurting inside since we got here."

"Percy-" Jasmine said in a deathly tone even I was scared of.

"Just, for once, we need to all communicate," Percy interrupted her.

"I don't know how, or why, but a God visited me," Jasmine scoffed. "In a daydream, they told me my fate."

"They--what?" I wondered. "They've never told anyone their fate."

"Are you sure that was a God?" Nico asked. "Maybe you're just delirious."

Jasmine shook her head. "Nobody else saw him. It was Apollo, I know that for sure."

"My father?" Austin and I whispered simultaneously.

She nodded. "It's hard to believe, since I'm not a demigod."

"We need to get back on track," Nico scowled. "Angelica is the demigod. Let's go take her to camp half blood so I never have to come here ever again."

"Fine by me," Jasmine whimpered. "I've lost everything because of you guys."

We went silent. "Excuse me?" I muttered.

She stood her ground. "You heard me, Will. Think about everything we've been through since you arrived."

"Bullies, your friends ditching you, you getting expelled, not knowing what's going on," Nico listed. "The list goes on an on."

Percy nudged him. "Not helping."

He merely shrugged.

"Just get out, okay?" Tears appeared in her eyes. "I'm ruined. Just--leave."

We packed up our things without hesitation. We got what we wanted, so it was time for us to leave.

"It's been fun," I told her before leaving.

Jasmine nodded curtly. "Before your friends came, anyway. I didn't want this to happen. But it was going to happen at some point."

"See you later," Nico said excitedly, leaving her house quickly. "Will! Let's go!"

I hugged Jasmine tightly for a bit. Pulling back, I stared into her eyes. "You've been a good friend to me, okay? Just remember that."

She nodded again, smiling the slightest.

"Yeah," Jasmine agreed. "See you later."

We walked out of her house, and she didn't care to watch us go. I knew we'd hurt her a lot just by being there, so it was obvious we needed to leave.

A few days later, I was back at Camp. Nico was chasing the Stolls through the place, cursing their names. Percy and Annabeth were being the world's cutest couple, as usual. I was back with Kayla helping at the infirmary. Austin was playing music at the campfire and having a good time. Our lives were back to normal.

Except for Angelica. We'd taken her to camp with us, and she was ecstatic. She was the daughter of Aphrodite, much to our own surprise. (Sarcasm)

She was obsessed with Percy and Nico, for some reason. She learned they were the kids of the Big Three, deciding to pick on them. Nico gave her no mercy in Capture the Flag, so she stayed away.

Even though I was back to my old life, I felt odd without having Jasmine there.

Austin woke me up one morning super early, shaking me awake.

"Is it my shift now?" I asked dazily, still half-asleep.

Austin shook his head grimly. "We have to go back to Nebraska. Now."

"What? Why?"

"Jasmine's in trouble," Austin said. "She can't defend herself against those monsters. We're her only hopes."