Chapter Fourteen: The Fight to Save Cassidy

The next morning, I woke Derrik up, explaining what happened last night. "So, what dude? She doesn't even know you now?" He asks questioning everything that happened. "The plan goes into motion today. No matter what this ends now." I get up and get ready for probably the biggest fight of my life. I don't exactly know what's going to happen. I just tell Derrik to be ready to call 911. Derrik gets dressed and I let him know I'll send him a text on when to call the police. I get in the elevator and go to the second floor, where I go and knock on the door. "Andrew, get out here!" I exclaim ready to fight. Andrew answers the door, "What do you want?" he said in an angry tone. I'm ready for whatever may be coming my way, "I want you to leave Cassidy alone. I know you abuse her." I exclaim noticing Cassidy behind Andrew. Andrew laughs, "Hey, it isn't abuse if she doesn't say anything about it." I get up in Andrew's face, "Doesn't help you've made her scared of you." I said shoving Andrew. Andrew shoves me back, "Get out of my face flower boy, I'll knock your teeth down your throat." He said trying to threaten me. I stand my ground knowing a fight won't be an easy one. "Big words for a guy who beats on women." I said noticing Andrew's hand clenching making a fist. He swings, I duck under it and lower my shoulder pushing him through the doorway onto the ground.

Cassidy gasps surprised in what is happening. Andrew rolls over on top of me, trying to punch me in the face while I do my best to block him. I manage to get my legs underneath him and kick him off of me. "Cassidy get out of here, take my phone call 911, or send that message to Derrik, he'll call them! Hurry, GO!" I exclaim trying to get her away. Andrew grabs me from the back and throws me up and over the couch. I look up to see Andrew holding a beer bottle, "I'll admit I'm impressed, it's not every day you have someone as persistent as you." He says smashing and breaking the beer bottle and making a sort of glass dagger. I get to my feet, ready to fight, hoping the police are on their way. Andrew swings with the broken bottle in hand I managed to dodge his swings. I end up getting a good punch in right square in the stomach, he drops the bottle and I tackle him to the ground. I start punching him in the face, just then Andrew headbutts me and I fall back to the ground. He lifts me up punching me in the stomach as hard as possible. I'm on my knees wincing in pain. As I look up, Andrew is once again holding the broken bottle, but I also see Derrik right behind Andrew. Derrik tackles Andrew to the ground, trying to pin him to the ground. Derrik lets off one good punch, and thinks he knocked Andrew out.

Derrik comes over to me, helping me get up on my feet. "Cops are on the way, I think we did it." Derrik said to me. "Thanks man you really saved my skin." I said with my hand on his shoulder. Derrik and I smile at each other thinking it's over, just then Derrik lets out a gasp, it startles me, "Derrik?" I ask, but before I could say anything else I see blood. Derrik falls to his knees. Andrew wasn't knocked out; he stabbed Derrik with the glass bottle. "DERRIK!" I shout as I feel so much rage and adrenaline run through my body, I've never felt so angry before in my life. "Looks like your friend isn't going to make it." Andrew said with a smirk. "And you're next." He said. I pent up all my strength, "I won't let you get away with this! I'll kill you, Andrew!" I run up to him, punching him in the chest and stomach, he grabs me by my left arm. He twists my arm and I feel my arm pop out of place; I scream in pain. I look over seeing Derrik not moving and a pool of blood from him. I have to get him help and fast, I thought. I get tossed to the ground, I get up as fast as I can, and I tackle Andrew to the ground once more. With one arm I punch him in his chest, stomach, face, and throat, hitting him wherever I can connect. Andrew kicks me off of him and pins me to the ground, punching me a few more times than grabbing the glass bottle to stab me with it. "This is what happens when you stick your nose in other people's business."

I try to fight more, but it's no use I gave everything I had. However, by a sheer miracle I hear the clicking of a gun. It's Mr. Hammond! "You better get off the boy Andrew." he said with the gun to the back of his head. Andrew puts his hands up slowly. "Stay on your knees until the cops come." Mr. Hammond orders Andrew. I get up slowly, looking at Andrew victorious. "Well, at least I'm sending one person six feet under today." Andrew says laughing. I use every last bit of strength and energy I have left. I step back and connect with one final kick to his lower jaw. Andrew lets out a gasp as I drop him like a fly. He's finally knocked out for good. I look back behind me, "Derrik!" I get over to him, grabbing his hand. "Derrik, come on stay with me." I said, he's barely awake. Cassidy and police run in, "That's him officers." Mr. Hammond points to Andrew. "I need a medic! Someone call a squad!" I yell out. Cassidy runs over, "What happened?" She exclaims. I look at her tears in my eyes, "Andrew stabbed him with a glass bottle." Cassidy holds my hand. "Looks like we had a good run J." Derrik said coughing. "Don't say that you're going to be okay." I said trying to keep Derrik awake. "Hey, it was worth it J, all the good times we had as kids. You were my brother." Derrik said with a tear coming down his face. I'm worried that Derrik isn't going to make it.