Valkyrie's Guard

'Will does not seem like it, but he is obsessed with controlling the space around him. As a swordsman, this trait had not fully bloomed due to his reliance on higher senses, but now he is bound to fight like a mortal, and his basic battle talents are beginning to shine. Having him fight like a mage has forced him to consider his actions carefully. Will has at least understood how to maximise some of his strengths.'

Adelda was happy with Will's progress. Because she knew the true value of having both a warrior and a mage's traits.

As she watched from the skies as an invisible spectre, she could not help but grow some respect in her heart for a certain individual.

'Odin's ability to bring out potential is superb. Will is already fighting like a different creature. He hasn't even talked since the beginning of the first match. It's like I'm looking at a different person. No useless jokes, no random actions. Everything has a purpose.'

Odin, the man in question, was also happy with Will's progress. Wodin was observing the battle with others in the main control room, alongside Hercules and co.

'The boy is starting to germinate nicely. Now then, show me your understanding of Intent.'

Francis was still warming up and scoping her opponent, but she was not the only one who had such ideas. Will was also scoping her out as well and clearly made his stance clear with his actions. It was almost as if his movements were telling her something.

'You have the initiative.'

Francis felt that Will was inviting to attack.

'It would be rude of me to not accept your invitation then.'

Francis abruptly shifted back and placed her palm on her forehead.

"Frozen Asgard Armour!"

A membrane of ice formed around her body, covering her in a skin tight embrace. The clothes she wore turned into flakes of light that converted either with the membrane. Forming something akin to a mage's robe with pieces of armour on her chest and shoulders.

A cleric's head piece with an open veil covered her head, making her seem like a nun going into battle. A wand made from a blue metal materialised in her hand from her system storage. It was a simple wand covered in norse runes.

It was like a sage's staff with the top shaped like a traditional lightbulb.

'That thing looks like Ryuujin Jakka in its sealed state. Does she have a bankai?'

If Adelda could tell wha Will was thinking, she would no doubt laugh. Will was after all Will, how could he be serious the entire time.

'One regret in life is not seeing Yamamoto's bankai animated. Bleach, my unrequited love.'

Will was impressed by seeing the Frozen Asgard Armour, but it was a requirement for every member of the sect to learn and master. What caught his attention was her next action.

She slammed her wand onto the ground and released a wave of energy that coagulated around her, morphing her amour. At first she looked like a nun rearing for battle as a mage. But more and more warrior like pieces of armour started appearing on her body. Her head piece changed shape, becoming more like an extravagant helmet.

Her robes transformed, becoming like the compounded layers of a lotus, with layer upon layer of armour plates forming and coming together to create a metallic dress.

"Frozen Agard Armour: Valkyrie's Guard."

Her wand also changed, becoming longer and thinner. Its shape became more graceful as World Energy converged on Francis' beautiful form.

She was like a Valkyrie descending from the heavens to deliver Odin's will. She had acknowledged Will as an opponent worthy for her to use her full strength on.

A power Will was familiar with spread from her body and reinforced Francis' entire body. It caused the air to become heavy and came with a frigid suppression that could easily kill an ordinary mortal.

'She finally used Truth.'

Francis had no interest in wasting time as she raised her staff, 'Since you love it so much, let me guide you to Valhalla.'

A matrix formed above her staff as a blizzard formed above her head. Killing Intent so potent it caused the air to thicken and coalesce. Will knew she could use Intent as it was a necessary component for Truth, but he had never met a sentient creature with Killing Intent so thick.

'Just how many lives has this girl reaped?'

Intent was like a scent, and those who were extremely sensitive to it like Will could use it to gain a rough idea of a person's identity. One's environment affected the Intent they subconsciously emitted. Weak cultivators who could not use Intent like Letty and Duke leaked extremely weak Intent 24/7. Letty's Intent was regal with an extremely foreign scent, which was why Will could discern that she was royalty from another world. Duke gave the scent of a hunter. His Intent seemed to have a far reaching tracking effect to it.

'Her Intent is incredibly murderous. I unlocked Bloodlust without killing. My Intent is innate. But her Killing Intent is different. Hers is almost completely acquired. For it to become this thick and heterogenous. She must have taken millions of innocent lives.'

Will was by no means a good man and had slaughtered many. So he did not feel disgusted or revolted, but there was a slight issue.

Intent born from killing resulted in parts of the target's nature becoming a part of you. The more heterogeneous your Killing Intent, the more you have killed enemies who had no Intention of harming you. Will had never to this date slaughtered anyone who had not directed killing intent towards him. So his Killing Intent was pure and homogeneous in nature.

But this girl was clearly different. Her Killing Intent was so convoluted, Will could almost hear the cries of her victims.

'Her Intent doesn't discriminate. It's arrogant, proud and vicious. Odin's notes had stated that Frozen Asgard Sect members are trained to slaughter without caring about feelings, but to think it was to this extent.'

Will could not help but be disturbed by the way the sect handled its training. He was well aware that there were groups that did much worse, but none of them were trying to actively kill him. At least not according to his knowledge.

'The blizzard above her head is intending to kill. She isn't sure about my level, and knows we need each other for the expedition, but isn't hesitating to kill me. She wants me dead just because they want to monopolize Frozen Asgard Arts and the fact that I'm a dude. It seems I should not show mercy to any future Frozen Asgard foes.'