Death

"Silver I'm home baby I got you a nice big bottle of—" Blaze drops the bottle of whiskey and it crashes on the floor as she screams seeing silver in the floor dead.

Sonic and Mario arrived at silvers house and hour later only to find police and Daisy and Luigi's car parked outside. "The hell?" Sonic said and they get out. They ran up and see Blaze in tears as Rouge was hugging her. "Blaze what happened?" Mario asked then she started crying more as the corner rolled the gurney with a body bag on it passed them. "Silver.... He's dead..." Rouge said. "What?!" The two hero's yelled. "Judging from the bite wounds on silvers neck and according to our bite mark database it was Scourge." Luigi said walking up with Daisy. "What why would he attack Silver?" Sonic asked. "We don't know but he's the killer and unfortunately for us he's once again flew under the radar." Daisy growled. Another car pulls up and it was Shadow and Knuckles. "Blaze I'm so sorry" knuckles said walking up to her and hugging her as she cried once more. "So the marks?" "They're confirmed as Scourge's Shadz.... You need to inform Vladmir." Daisy sighed. "Fuck...ok" shadow shakes his head. Mario and Sonic walked into the house without anyone noticing and decided to look around his lab. They both froze when they saw the smashed time pad. "What the hell?" Mario said. "Why would scourge break this?" Sonic wondered. "Let's get tails to fix this up so we could go back and fix everything before someone else gets hurt" "agreed" Sonic said and they picked up the pieces. As they walked out of the lab and to the car Sonic noticed something as he was hugging Shadow who started to cry about silver. Knuckles was smiling. "No..... he wouldn't....he couldn't..... but how?"

Hours later at tails lab

"WHAT?!" They yelled. "You're missing a piece and it's the most important one" tails crossed his arms. "What piece is that?" Sonic asked. "The cosmic sphere which unfortunately is way out of my technical range plus it's only available in silver's hometown where they won't give it to outsiders so in other words if you don't find it we're fucked" tails said still mad at the two after they told him what they done. "It has to be in his lab somewhere" Mario said. Then sonic remembers knuckles smiling and wasn't showing much emotion of silvers death. "We did look Mario.... It's not there... perhaps someone took it..." sonic said. "Why would scou—"

"It's not scourge.... It's...Knuckles...."