NO!

"What are you talking about?" Mario asked. "Knuckles..... when he hugged shadow he was....smiling" sonic said. "No.... Knux wouldn't....would he?" Mario worried. "He must've heard our conversation with silver and didn't want us to change the past.... Shit Mario what if we're next?" Sonic asked. "There's a chance you two but if you're theory is right sonic then maybe he has the sphere." Tails said. "We have to find away to sneak into his house without him knowing." Mario suggested then tails snaps. "I got an idea. It's risky but it might work." He smiled.

Knuckles and shadow we're relaxing on the couch enjoying some tea. "So how was the meeting" knuckles asked. "It was good.....though it was hard with silver not being there since he was in charge of the project...." Shadows ears folded down. "Sorry babe...." Knuckles replied and the guilt started to fill his mind. "What have I done.... I didn't want this..... shadow is unhappy and I.....I killed our friend..... fuck why did I listen to scourge.... I need to tell shadow what I done and give the Shpere back to sonic and Mario so they could fix everything I can't live knowing what I have done" He thought. "Shadow....there's som—" knuckles was interrupted when his phone rings. "Aren't you going to get it?" Shadow asked and knuckles sighs before answering. "Hello?" "Are you free man I need to talk to you in person at the park ASAP" Tails said on the other line. "Tails needs me in the park" knuckles said. "We'll go knux you can tell me later" shadow smiled. L yeah I'm on my way Tails." Knuckles gets ups and leaves the house. Shadow was watching the rest of the show they were watching while sipping on his tea. Suddenly he hears the door knocking and doorbell ringing. He sets down the mug and opens the door shocked to see tails, sonic and Mario. "Tails aren't you meeting knux at the park?" He asked and tails looked confused. "No is knuckles home?" "No he left five minutes ago why are—" "Shadow knuckles killed silver not scourge....." Sonic blurts out and shadow just froze. "No daisy and Luigi the—" "It was a spell scourge gave him we found this in the trash and looked it up" Mario hold up the vile. "Why would he do this?" He said heartbroken. "Because he didn't want us to change back the past...." Mario explained. Shadow lets them in and Mario explains everything while sonic search the house until he found the safe. "What would be his combo?" He wonder then looked at the wedding picture of knuckles and shadow. "God I hate to do this.... But it's to set things right." He said and checked the picture for a date. He starts putting in the numbers and heard the safe click. "Sweet" he said and was about to turn the knob. "Scourge was right" Sonic jumped up and saw knuckles on the balcony window eyes red. "Knux I'm sorry but it has to be—" "NO!!!!" Knuckles yelled and started to approach him then grabs his own head. "No take it fix it I...I can't live... knowin... what.. I ... done aghhhhhh" he was fighting with himself as if he was under a spell. "Shit.... Scourge not only gave you a gang change he put a control spell on you..." sonic eyes widen. "Hurry before I.... AGHHH!" He drops to his knees and let's go of his head breathing heavily. "Knux...." Sonic said slowly walking to him. "Knuckles?" He reaches for him and knuckles suddenly grabs his arm. "SHIT!" Sonic yelled and he was yanked to the ground. Knuckles pins him to the floor eyes red and fangs sharp. "Once I drain you I'll go after Mario and no one will take shadow from me!" He yelled and went to Sonic's neck about to bite down when he was kicked off. "Sonic take the shpere and go I'll hold him off!" Shadow yelled. Sonic didn't hesitate and opens the safe grabbing the sphere. "NO! SHADOW WE CANT—AGH!" Shadow stabs knuckles in the heart with a stake. "I'm sorry..... I love you..... but if fate didn't want us to be together then we must accept.....I'm sorry knux..." Shadow said with tear and Knuckles close his eyes before turning to dust. "Shadow..." Mario and Sonic said while tails fixes the time pad. "It had to be done.... He wasn't going to stop.... Just.... Repair the past.... And thank you sonic for giving us a taste of what it was like if knuckles and I stayed together...." Shadow said and sonic nods. "Guys I got ready!" Tails said. Mario and Sonic look at the time pad and sighed. "Let's fix everything" Sonic nods as tears fell from his green eyes and press the button.

Aftermath

"My head..." knuckles said after Mario and Sonic explained everything. "So you fucked up the timeline went back and fixed it?" Peach asked. "YEP!" Mario and Sonic said. "Note to self don't send you two back in time." Silver laughed

"I'm just happy everything is back to normal"

End