The Party

"Well that was fucked up" Stella huffs as they walk the streets quickly.

The sit down with Selby had been less than pleasant, she had looked Stella over like a piece of meat and when she thought she was getting Bucky, well Stella had nearly erupted at Zemo's callous way of man handling him, puckering his lips, showing his compliance.

"Keep moving" Zemo mutters and gun shots fire.

Sam runs, Bucky grabs Stella's hand and drags her along.

"I can't run in these heels" Sam huffs and Stella stumbles.

"Me either" Bucky spins and ducks, Stella is thrown over his shoulder.

His big hand holds her short dress in place as he bolts down the street, Stella pushes her hair back in time to see a man raise his gun.

"Move" she shouts, Bucky side steps to the side as the bullet flies by.

They make it to a building, running around the corner. Stella grunts as Bucky suddenly stops, she hears a gun click then a shot. Two more and the men behind them drop.

"Sharon?" Bucky steps forward.

She taps his arm for him to put her down but he ignores her and keeps talking.

"We're going to high town?" she asks and Bucky nods.

"You can put me down now" she hears him snort.

"I don't want to" his hand strokes over her legs and she shivers.

"Man, put her down" Sam rolls his eyes.

Bucky chuckles and lowers Stella to her feet, his knuckles stroke over her cheek. He kisses her softly and takes her hand.

"Do you have too, right here and now?" Sam sighs and walks ahead.

"We don't but we are" Stella laughs after him.

                                ***

"So I need another outfit" Stella sighs and looks through the rack of clothes.

Bucky sits in a black blazer, looking sexy as hell. Stella smirks when he winks at her.

"Here" Sharon hands Stella a dress that actually covers something up.

Stella heads to a side room to change, this dress had long sleeves, it still stopped at her ass but was looser so she wouldn't have to keep yanking it down. She catches the end of the conversation as she steps back in.

"Enjoy the party. Try to stay out of trouble. I'll see what I can find" Sharon heads off as Stella collapses beside Bucky.

"Who's trouble?" she asks and Bucky shakes his head.

"Us apparently" he takes her hand, they wait for Sam to tie his shoes before going into the party.

                               ***

Its dark and the music is loud, Bucky keeps a tight grip on Stella's hand as they make their way through the crowd. They head for the bar and Stella orders two beers, handing one to Bucky. He huffs a laugh and pulls her under his arm.

"You okay? This is getting more serious the longer we go on.." Stella rolls her eyes.

"If you're about to tell me to go home, you can forget it. You and Sam both seem to forget I can kick ass as well, just because you won't let me. Doesn't mean I can't handle myself" Stella takes a big drink of her beer.

"I just don't want you getting hurt" Bucky says quietly.

"And I don't want you hurt either but you don't see me stopping you" he nods and lets out a big breath.