Chapter 3

The week has flown by and Friday came just in time, this whole week my southern temper had me on my high horse, no there's no pms or that time issue... No my issue is that the exact same biker boy has been testing me whole week, it's like he knew when I was at the arena training, testing my limits of putting his helmet where the sun don't shine just a bit too much to my liking. The interesting thing though, he's not taken that damn helmet of his head so I could really let my eyes shoot daggers into his.  Today was different due to him not being there when I trained with Sonya for the upcoming event, and I thank my lucky stars for that.

Luckily Adri came soon after my training ended and now we're situated on my bed, she's clicking to well with Liv and Clair, I say this because for the last half hour they've been tryin to find anything other than cowboy boots for my outfit. I sigh at them "Girls, I'm a big girl y'all know... I know how to dress myself properly" I receive three glares my way but I'm not going to budge and they know that just as well as I do. "Okay Cas, show us what you're wearin'" Adri smirks at me, she's been my best friend form preschool, she knows what I'll choose to wear. "Yeah Casey, show us what you have planned" Clair gives me a smirk, daring me. So I walk to my closet and pull out a mid-thigh black dress with just enough flair from the waist down, this oufit choice has Liv and Clair speechless but Adri smiles a knowing smirk "And what shoes will ya be wearin' Cas?" by the time she's done asking I'd pull out a pair of black cowboy boots with baby blue details encrusted on. All three girls surrender when they see my determined look, "Well at least she's got the rest non cow girl..."

∞∞∞

"We're here girls!" Liv exclaims hoppin' like the Easter bunny and I smile at her excitement, the last time I was out was in high school so it's good to be going out with my friends again. We walk into a club that's already beating with drunk dancing bodies, the music gets to me immediately and I can't help but sway to the beat. We were halfway in when Clair spotted her other friends and they started introducing themselves. But little old me was too caught up in one particular friend, I'd recognise those pair of blue eyes anywhere, after about three months I see him again, the same blonde haired blue eyed hunk of a boy as in math class... Sadly though no special attention comes my way and I brush him off introducing myself to the rest.

So far I've met Mandy and Alex, their a hiper couple to say the least... I've also met Nate, who is Jake's roommate. "So I don't get a hello?" Jake fake pouts but that darn smirk peaks trough comfortably and being the girl that I am, I reply him with a smirk "Didn't your momma teach you any manners? The boy says hello first mister"  he chuckles at this and I give a smile, hopin I don't look to odd wearing a smile.

∞∞∞

After getting some drinks, Olivia and I go to the dance floor while the rest still enjoy their drinks. After about 4 song Liv looks drenched and I feel like I am to, so we shimmy back to the rest. I feel the blood drain my face as I hear Adri's voice "Yep! We just aim, shoot and slaughter. Ya'll get used to it." And by the looks of Jake an Nate's faces I know I'll have to do damage control, city boys, what are ya gonna do? "Adri don't you think you should keep the huntin' on the down low, there not from where we are..." I look at Adri giving her a silent 'they are city boys' look but before Adri could respond I hear a deep laugh "So YOU... do that too? It's almost too hard to believe" Jake rumbles with laughter and this is where my southern temper rises slowly...

"And why would you find it so hard to believe that I do that to?" I challenge him, crossing my arms in the process and he smirks at me. "Well don't take this the wrong way, but you're so damn tiny, I wouldn't think you'd have the strength to hold a gun." My expression must've been priceless, he starts laughing out of control the minute I realise what he said. "I've been hunti' with my Daddy since I was five, I've been riding horse since I was two, I know how to handle a gun and I control a 900 pound animal, I wouldn't be testing me if I were you." I challenge him and he sobers up from his laugh and smiles but Adri interrupts his response "Oh please, Cas isn't nearly as rough as the rest of us, she won't kill anything on their own farm or that has a name." oh Adri I'm gonna kill you... Both Jake and Nate rumbles with laughter and I stand there sheepishly while Adri giggles.

Clair and I excuse ourselves to the bathroom and by the time we get there Clair almost tackles me, "what the hell Clair?! What's wrong?" I start to panic because she's freaking out. "Casey I'm in big trouble, I need a boy to kiss before the night is over!" Clair squeels and I'm even more confused "What? Why?" she gives me a sheepish look "Well Jake and I made a bet you see... The one to kiss a guy OR girl first wins a week of no laundry. So I need to kiss a boy or I'm going to have to do his laundry!" I chuckle "Don't worry to much, he hasn't kissed anybody." She gives me this odd look "Well yeah but there's a reason for that, I gave him some rules you see... I told him he can't kiss a girl in the group." And that's when I realise, "OH! He has a crush on Liv? Well no worries then, if he can't kiss her I'm sure he won't kiss anyone else" I chuckle but the pale look on Clair's face tells me I'm not completely right.

Clair and I return to our group but only Jake is there, I give him a questioning look and he sends me a slight smile "Your friend is dancing with a guy, Nate and Olivia went outside and I think Mandy and Alex are making out somewhere." Clair intervenes the conversation, "Some of my other friends are at the door, I'm going to go get them okay?" she never takes her eyes of her phone typing as she speaks. Well that leaves me and blue eyes all alone... joy. Clair scurries of and there's a comfortable silence. "So where are you from?" I ask to make small talk and he smiles "I'm from Benston, it's about an hour drive from here. Are you from here?" I chuckle at the thought, Benston is one of the biggest cities, you're talkin' to a city boy Casey, "I'm from Clydsedale, it's two towns over. I don't think you'll know where that is, it's a farm town..." he gives me a dashing smile that would make any girl week at the knees "I've heard of it once or twice... So you're a modern farm girl are you?" I look at him questioningly and he continues "You don't eat your own animals but you hunt, you wear dresses but with cowboy boots... You're not a normal farm girl, you're a modern one." and that ladies and gentleman has me smilin' like a fool.