Chapter 19

"Come on Phillipe', Momma's gonna be so surprised to see you've tagged along!" I grin at the dark gorgeous boy looking jetlagged as hell, he's never been much of a traveller. We walk onto the porch and I get this sinking feelin' that somethin's not right. I plop my bag down next to the staircase and gesture to Phillipe' to do the same and he looks at me quizzically "Sei cugino bene? dove sono tutti?" I sigh, I'm wondering where they are too Phil, I shrug "Io non lo so, forse di nuovo fuori. Speriamo che tutto va bene..." I don't give him time to respond as I hear Momma's voice on the terrace "Momma? We're here!" I walk to the back door "Is everything-" I'm cut short when I see them all outside smiling, "What's-" Momma cuts me off by pointin' her finger towards the barn, and there he stood. I took in a sharp breath, his blonde hair has become a bit more rugged, he's much leaner than he was but those blue eyes are still the same, guilt radiating over his whole body.

"Oh what? You think standing there with a dozen roses and a heartfelt speech is gonna do the trick? That I'm supposed to start cryin' when I see you standing there and nod my head vigorously when you ask for my forgiveness? You've got another thing comin' Jake Matthews, you should've thought about that long before you walked out on me and slept with who knows how many women." I glare at him, he stands there with fists clenched walking to me but not taking his eyes off of Phil and I laugh a sadistic laugh "Oh my my, look who's jealous all of a sudden. Jake meet Phillipe' my cousin." He stops right in front of me, shock evident on his face "Yeah my cousin, I don't go fuckin' around when I'm unhappy like you. I didn't betray you like you betrayed me." I glare at him and his eyes gives away the pain he's feelin', good.

"Casey Cat just hear the guy-" Drew starts but I cut him off "Nobody is sugar coatin' this for him." I look back at Jake "If you have somethin' to say to me I suggest you start talkin', without anyone tryin' to cover for you." I look at my family and then back at him, he clears his throat and pulls his fingers through his hair "Can we maybe take a walk?" his voice sounds strained, it's not his normal husky tone. I look at him and nod walkin' down the stairs towards the barn.

In a few seconds, I hear my family go inside and Jake catches up to my pace "Casey I'm sorry. I am so fucking sorry..." he stops me by wrapping his fingers around my upper arm and I wince at his touch, the sparks are still there when he touches me. I feel my heart threatenin' to tear as I pull my arm out of his touch and he looks like he's about to cry "I thought- I thought that you'll be safer if I wasn't there. I fucking almost killed you Case. I couldn't stand the thought of hurting you- so I left. Even if it killed me I knew you'd be safe... But it was top hard, I couldn't sleep or eat... I started drinking to numb the pain, after a while drugs followed, nothing strong, just- just strong enough to make me forget the pain in my heart... I tried erasing the thought of you from my body, hoping that sex would take away the longing I had for you... I was wrong. I was so fucking wrong Cocoa." I choked out a sob when he said my nickname I haven't heard in four months and he cried, he downright cried like a baby.

"You hurt me so badly. You betrayed me. How am I supposed to forget that? I'm leaving for Italy in two months-" he cut me off grabbing my by the waist "Please- Please you can't- Please don't go. I can't function without you. Fuck Casey I'm begging you, I need to be able to show you I was wrong, I need to make it up to you. I need you here. Please Cocoa..." he pleads to me as he cries and I swallow my tears "You have two months to try and show me. I'm leaving for Italy in exactly two months, try and prove to me that you're sorry." He looks at me with mixed emotions and a small smile "Okay I'll prove to you Cocoa, I lo-" I cut him off "But I can't give you more than friendship. I'm not forgiving you, I'm giving you a second chance as my friend."

∞∞∞

"Good morning beautiful" a husky voice whispers into my ear and I groan "You're the worst friend ever. Let me sleep..." It's been a since the escapade in front of our barn and I dread to say it but Jake has been, amazing. I haven't forgiven him yet, but I've grown customised to the idea of having him in my space again. He, on the other hand, isn't aiming for friendship and subtly tries to romance me around every corner.

A pair of arms tucks underneath me and I hear Clair chuckles off in the distance "I'll buy you fucking lunch if you get her to wake up" and I hear a huff from Jake "Wake up baby... I'll split my free lunch with you" and I start to chuckle "Lemme go and I'll wake up" slowly Jake pulls me out of bed and his hands linger on my waist, under my shirt and I feel the blush creep on my cheeks, no Casey this boy broke your heart. He gives a smile and I reverse out of his embrace "CLAIR!" I yell and I hear her curse "Fuck! Case the one time I depend on your sleeping abilities you fail me!" this has me and Jake chucklin' he walks into the living room "You can repay your debt this afternoon" he grins at her and I yawn while walking to the coffee machine. Jake clears his throat as I make my coffee "Hey Case?" I turn around and catch his eyes trailin' up the length of my body when he realise I've seen he swallows hard and look at me nervously "Would you like to come with us all? I uh- I'm competing today and everyone is going so I wondered if you would-" I cut off his stutterin' "That sounds fun, I've never seen you in action. What time are you all going? And what should I wear?" I question and he smiles a small smile "Well I have something for you to wear if you'd like?" he turns on his heels and grabs somethin' out of his bag. He walks over to me and hands me a small paper bag, I take it from him and take out a motocross shirt with a bunch of labels on. It's black, white and bright orange. On the back is the number 69 and Jake M on, it's one of his...

∞∞∞

"You look great Case!" Mandy hugs me tightly as Clair and I greet our group of friends and I smile at her "You do too Mand" to this Clair groans "I can't believe you're wearing his fucking shirt Case" okay yes I'm wearing his shirt, "I at least look like I know what's going on now." I reason and they chuckle at me.

We all get a seat on the bleachers and I look at the huge dirt track in front of us, huge ramps are everywhere. I feel like someone is lookin' at me and as I shift my gaze down I see Jake lookin' at me proudly and I feel a blush on my face, he grins and gestures for me to turn so he can see, being in a playful mood I get up and to a slow twirl for him and sit back down he takes a big gulp and raise his thumb to me which I giggle at "You are still in love with him aren't you" Clair speaks from beside me but looks at Jake and I gulp loudly "I never stopped lovin' him. But I know I'm leavin' in a months time and then I'll leave with a full heart, not only rememberin' the broken parts, but him as my friend." She nods and looks at me sadly "Don't do this Case. Don't leave us. He can make you happy. He loves you"

I look at her sadly and wipe a fallen tear from my cheek "How long till he hurts me again? I need to go."

∞∞∞

"You were amazing out there!" I giggle as Jake and I walk to his truck, after the tournament he'd introduced me to his team and took me for a ride on the track, now almost midnight he's taking me home. "Case- I think you might be my lucky charm. I've never ridden like today before" he pulls me into him and I look down at our chests touchin' but he lifts my face back up to look at him "Thank you for wearing the shirt, I want you to keep it. Casey I-" "I'm going to Italy in a months' time." I blurt out and he lets go of me, hurt in his eyes. I walk to his truck and he follows behind my takin' my hand in his "Just tell me what I have to do to make you stay..." he breathes and I feel a tear roll down my cheek, his thumb moves across my cheek, erasing the tear. "Casey I love you. I've been trying everything I can to make you fall in love with me again. Please- just tell me what I have to do to make you stay..."

"You'll never get me to fall in love with you again because I've never fallen out of love with you. But the damage you did is far too much to fix and I'm still going to Italy next month"

SO this chapter has A LOT to take in. She's not giving in to his charms and I'm proud of that. This chapter is for @cyn1968 for her awesome comments on the last few chapters, girl you make my day on how serious you are about Casey giving him a hard time, thank you sooo much for sharing your thoughts! AND thank every one of you for pressing that star! Please keep voting and commenting, I appreciate it so much! I have readers voting for every chapter, I'll be dedicating a chapter to you all soon!!! The book is nearing its end and I truly hope I've done it justice so far and that it'll touch your heart by the end. I've got my laptop back today and instead of studying criminal law I've been writing, but I'll be in the books for the rest of the week! I will see you all soon**

Happy reading

~S/H