Chapter 19 - "Please don't leave me"

Hope uses every ounce of speed she has, channeling her wolf. Her feet move quicker than they have in a long time as she attempts to stop the bullets. She gets closer, passing by the witch and throwing her to the side, her head hits the floor, rendering her unconscious.

She keeps moving, inching closer. She watches the man's fingers push the trigger, and she does what she can. She stands between it and Josie.

BANG. BANG.

The bullets hit her, but she's too focused on the vampire to feel it. She grabs the gun and throws it away from him. He looks at her in fear. His plan failed. Instead of killing Josie, he has sealed the fate of Hope Mikaelson. He's the reason she's going to become the tribrid. And he's the reason she'll get stronger.

"This isn't over." He mutters, before grabbing his witch friend and vamp-speeding far away.

She releases a heavy breath, as does Josie from behind her.

"You saved me," Josie says like she's shocked to still be alive. Hope puts her hands to her chest and looks down to see them covered in blood.

And she knows this is it, yet she's okay with it.

She whispers a simple fractos spell to release Josie as she turns to face her. She stumbles closer.

Josie spots the blood as Hope collapses to the floor. Rushing to Hope, she frantically tries to hold her. She puts Hope's head in her lap, stroking her auburn locks.

"Hope..." Josie worries.

"It's okay. Hey, it's okay. We're okay." Hope smiles. "Here." She says, digging into her wrist with a broken piece of chain. She offers the blood to Josie, who's not at her strongest.

"I can't. You're already weak from the bullets as it is."

"I'm dying, Jo. At least let me do this. Let me help you."

"You're not dying. You can't. I won't let you." Pause. Josie wipes away the tears because now is not the time to get emotional. "I-We can get the bullets out...we can do something."

"Every second we talk I can literally feel the bullets getting closer to my heart. There's no preventing this, but I can stop your injuries from getting worse. So please, Josie...drink." Not wanting to argue any further, Josie drinks the blood, noticing the relief that washes over her as the pain fades to nothing. She wipes the corners of her lips with the end of her sleeves. Josie looks down at Hope. Her skin is getting paler, her eyes look like they're getting heavier. Life is leaving her body.

"I can't just sit here and watch you die."

"It's okay. I'll be back before you know it, love."

"There must be a spell I can do or something. I know you don't want this. It's not fair." It's not. Hope doesn't deserve this. Sure, they knew that at some point Hope's vampire side would be activated, it was inevitable, but Josie always thought Hope would have the choice. That is what she had wanted for her, except now Hope is dying for her.

"I knew saving you would mean becoming a vampire. And I'm more than okay with it, Jo, I promise." Hope's eyes flutter closed.

"Hope...hey, keep your eyes open. Stay here. Please don't leave me." Hope smiles softly, slowly raising her left hand. She puts it on Josie's cheek, stroking the skin there.

"Never." Hope chuckles. A second later, Hope's hand falls and her heart stops.

Hope Mikaelson is dead.