Chapter 27 - "Welcome to New Orleans"

They're on a rooftop. All around there are empty tables and on those there are dozens of candles, all lighting up the area. All of which have a strong scent. Her favorite scent. Rose.

"Welcome to New Orleans," Hope says. They walk over to the glass railing, down at the busy streets. People rush from one place to another. Some carry bags, others don't.

"How did we even get here?"

"Magic." Hope winks. She grabs Josie's hand and guides them to a table. Being the gentlewoman she is, Hope pulls the chair out for her date. She then takes a seat opposite her. "I had my Aunt Rebekah contact some old friends to book the whole place out. It's ours for the night." A heavy blush grows on Josie's cheeks.

"I-I don't know what to say. This is incredible, and the view is just...wow." They can see everything. It is a perfect overview of the city. All the buildings, the people, most of which are none the wiser to the secrets the city holds. All of the bright and colorful lights illuminate the dark streets. Josie can feel the life and the magic in the city. It's nothing like Mystic Falls. It all feels somewhat...brighter, in one way or another. It's not a small and quiet town where everyone knows everyone. It's a busy city, with new faces to meet around each corner that you turn. And Josie gets the feeling there's so much more to it than what meets the eye.

"Evening, Miss Mikaelson. What drinks can I get for you two today?" A young man appears, dressed in a formal shirt and tie. He holds a notepad, writing on it as Hope orders a Coke and Josie gets the lemonade. He returns less than a minute later with two drinks in hand. Josie and Hope take a few more minutes to look over the menu before choosing the meals they want. The waiter takes note of their order as both Hope and Josie thank him. He leaves shortly after.

As they wait, they talk about anything and everything. Starting with school, how classes are going, any tests they have coming up, and suggesting they study together. Josie then asks a few questions about Hope's life in New Orleans and what it was like to grow up in such a beautiful city. It gives the tribrid an idea, one which she believes could make the night even more special.

Time flows by quickly and before they know it their meals arrive. After all, it is only them there. The Mikaelsons really do go all out when they wish to impress someone. They continue talking as they enjoy their food, rarely ever looking away from one another.

Hope insists on paying after they are done and leaves a generous tip for the waiter too. They make their way to the movies, get some snacks, and find their way to their seats. The first twenty minutes go by even faster than the wait did for their food. Why? Because they spend it making out. Hope manages to break it up when something in the movie catches her attention. Josie, who has her arm linked with Hope's, doesn't move her eyes off of her date. She keeps looking at her. It seems surreal, that after so many years, they are there. On a date. Together.

She watches as Hope laughs at the current scene, joining in with a chuckle of her own so as to not look suspicious, just to create the illusion that is paying attention. Truth be told he has absolutely no clue what the plot of the movie is. She would probably struggle to name even one character.

When it ends, Hope pulls them out of the theatre.

"Is the date not over?" Josie says, surprised.

"Oh...I mean, if you're tired or something, we can go home." Josie sees the dissapointment in Hope's eyes and jumps at the chance to get rid of it.

"No! It's not that. I'm just surprised, is all. You've put so much planning and thought into this."

"Of course I have. You deserve to feel special." Hope leans in to leave a kiss on Josie's cheek.