Chapter 3 (pt 1)- Keiko

(This little bit is a year before all the happenings from the past chapters. Don't worry, I'll tell you when we're at the present :))

Keiko sat on her bed and looked out the window. She had woken up really early and it was still dark out. She glanced at her wall, where her biwa and violin hung. She was glad her mother encouraged her to play these instruments, she always thought that the music was beautiful. 

Though it was a bit cold, she got up anyway, carefully making sure she doesn't make her bed creak, waking her parents up. Keiko walked over to her balcony in front of the forest and admired the trees under the moonlight. She always felt a bit bad about others not being able to  be as lucky or wealthy as her, as the only reason she had such a nice life was because she had the luck of being born to her parents. She wished others were able to experience such tranquil beauty on a daily basis.

As she gazed at the forest, a deer pranced underneath the balcony, catching her attention. She met eyes with the pretty animal, entranced. She spent lots of time in the forest, so it wasn't the first time seeing one, but every time was almost precious.

Keiko was bored and wanted to greet the deer, as she'd never seen this particular deer before. She quietly descended the stairs just outside her room and slipped through a crack in the large front door. The grass underneath her feet was laced with dew and a bit cold, making her slightly shiver coupled with the cold early morning air.

She rushed to the bushes underneath her balcony to find the deer, stood in the same spot. It looked over at the short girl and approached her. Keiko giggled and reached out, petting it on its snout. It exhaled and ran off behind a tree in the forest. "Oh..." she mumbled to herself, following it cautiously. When she arrived at the tree, a hand rested on the tree bark just above her head. A tall, slim woman with fair skin and very long, jet-black hair down to her hips. 

"Hello Keiko." She smiled warmly. Keiko was somewhat frightened, taking a small step back. "Who are you, uh, ma'am?" She asked, her voice shaky. "My name is Arisu, sweetie." The womans voice was strangely calming and kind. "I shouldn't be out right now miss, I'm going to go back home now." She smiled politely, nervousness creeping up into her mind, making her voice shaky.

As she turned around and almost left, Arisu grabbed her wrist with a soft hand and Keiko turned her head. "Its okay honey, I don't bite." She said, her voice calm as ever. A sweet smell filled the air and a strange lavender mist surrounded the two. This smell seemed to fill Keiko with a feeling of warmth and trust towards the woman. She decided to not go home and Arisu took her by the hand into the woods.

"Who really are you though?" The small girl asked. "I am a demon, little girl. But worry not, I have no intentions to hurt you. In fact, I have saved you. If Muzan had sent anyone else, I'm afraid they may not have been as gentle as I." She responded, maintaining a firm grip on Keiko's arm.

"Who is Muzan, why does he need me?" Keiko questioned again. Although she was curious, something about this lavender mist made her trust Arisu, even if she never met this woman.  Arisu looked at her, then up at the faint starlight. "He is truly a great man. The King of demons, he saved many of us, including me. Although many of the other demons are quite barbaric, I am one of the few who prefers to remain graceful, while still doing my job. And he needs you, little girl, to join us. You are quite skillful by our knowledge. You are trained in many martial arts and are very agile and powerful, are you not?" Keiko remained silent.

"Thats not very important, the important thing is if that is what you can do now, that means you have incredible potential, and with our power, limitless." Arisu explained, softening her grip as they walked. "That drew our great Muzan's attention to you. Your family are well known and your mother does boast about you a lot at the market. So, he told me to find you and bring you to him so you can join us." 

Keiko looked down at the grass, every now and then seeing a daisy. "I know you may not like this, but it must happen. Do not worry, I'll make sure you are safe and do not become similar to some of the neanderthals you will be working with." As the sun began to rise and the two had reached the other side of the forest, Arisu seemed to become a bit panicked. 

"Whats wrong?" Keiko asked. "Nothing, my child." She giggled nervously. "Let's pick up the pace, I'm sure our master cannot wait to see you!" She tightened her grip once more and the two ran through what looked like a ghost town, though every resident was likely just asleep. 

The golden light of the sun shone over the town as the two girls dashed into an alley. Arisu stopped in the middle of the alleyway and turned to Keiko, crouching down to be almost at her size. She pulled her sleeve up and another mist filled the air. Keiko's eyes grew heavy and she felt sleepy, collapsing into Arisu's arms.

_____________________

Keiko woke up on the floor, under a warm quilt. The moment her eyes opened, she felt a surge of power run through her. She used her arm to push herself up and sit up. When she got up, her hearing became a bit fuzzy. She looked to her side and saw Arisu on her knees before a man in a dark suit.

He turned to her and smiled maliciously. "Hello Keiko." He greeted. He motioned for Arisu to get up and the two walked towards Keiko. "You're awake!" Arisu smiled. "Do you feel strong?" She asked. Keiko said nothing but rubbed her eyes. "Fuhuhu~ You look much more beautiful now." She giggled, crouching down and twirled some of Keiko's hair between her fingers. Keiko looked at her hair, that had became a platinum blonde instead of her old lavender hair. "This is Muzan, the great man I told you about."

"I'm sure you will enjoy being trained by Arisu. With her teachings from Kokushibo and your sheer potential, you'll surely turn out a wonderful demon. Maybe even have the ability to kill a Hashira."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

☆Hi my stars and honeybees☆

So, I had to split this chapter in two because:

1- I wanted to get this chapter out faster

2- This would be kinda long with both chapters joined together

And

3- Something about the writing felt better by splitting it at the point that I did (idk how else to explain T_T)

So, I hope you liked the lil exposure on what happened to Keiko and I can't wait to tell you more about her and her story :DD 

I also cannot wait to show you how she connects with my lil group of skrunglies (the slayers)-

Oops I said too much

Anyway, I promise you I'll get part 2 out as soon as possible, I'm writing it rn and the end will have some info on Arisu :3

And after part 2, chapters from then on will have input from the skrunglies

Also I want to thank @LonelyGiyu_16 , you releasing this chapter gave me the motivation I needed to write this♡

Love all of yall♡